Chapter 9

"That will be the last time you succeed Strange." Mordo disappeared out of sight.

The three travelled down the stairs of the empty building to Tony's tower at the other end of the city.

As they got in Stephen made some coffee whilst Tony and Peter were laying on the couch, trying to rest. Tony was still bleeding, he held a towel over the biggest wound on his forehead.

Thoughts swirled around Peter, he had remembered all the dark sorcerers conversations with his men. He knew where they were going to attack next but Parker was unable to tell his dads. A curse had been forced upon him, it was a simple spell but quite unbreakable. It made sure he couldn't tell anyone their secret information. It would only be reversed once the spell caster died but Mordo was still out there. If he tried to tell them the location he would die and poor Peter was scared of death.

Stephen handed a cup of coffee to Tony and a glass of a milk to Peter and then went back to the kitchen to grab his own drink. He only came back with water, Parker just guessed he wasn't in the mood.

"That was too far Strange. Tell me this is all just a dream." He was still shaking, leaning on Peter's shoulder just happy he was alive.

"Stark, he's still out there, planning something big! We got to stop him before he kills anyone."

"Not today though. I'll call sheild, they'll know where he's going next. Leave it to those fuckers."

"Tony..." Strange sighed.

Peter just stayed quiet, trying so hard not to cry but it wasn't working tears just rolled down his face, visible to his dads.

"Peter what's wrong?" Both men asked in unison.

Peter put his drink down on the coffee table and searched the room, realising one window was ajar. He quickly wiped his eyes with his sleeve, adjusted his web shooters and swung out of the opening.

Tony and Stephen just stared blankly at figure that was swinging out of their view. Stark stood up ready to blast off out of the window but Stephen just held an arm in front of his chest to stop him.

"We need to give him time."

"This is exactly what's wrong with you wizard! You leave him alone all the time that's how Mordo got him!" Tony shouted knocking over Peter's glass of milk that rested on table.

"Listen I promise nothing bad will happen to him." Strange pulled Tony into a kiss. It was short but still long enough for Stark to have a split second of relaxation.

"Fuck... I need a another drink." He grumbled.

"Now I know where he gets his language from." Stephen chuckled to himself.

...

Peter sat on top of the Empire State building looking down to where Stark's tower was, just thinking about Mordo. He felt weak, not able to deal with the sorcerer himself.

Suddenly he heard something behind him. Too depressed to turn around, he just put his mask on and shot a web behind him, hoping it would hit the cause of the mysterious noise.