Chapter 3: Romantic Flight

Rudolph yawned. "I need a..." You cut him off. "A coffin! I know!" "You do seem to know quite a bit about Vampires!" "I've done my research. Not many hotel rooms come with coffins." "They do in the places I've stayed". "Hmmm..." You thought to yourself while looking around the bedroom. "How about that?" You pointed to a wardrobe. "Give me a hand." Rudolph got up and helped you lay the wardrobe down on the floor to make it look like a coffin then Rudolph thought for a bit. "You're letting me stay in your room. I can still hardly believe this!" You chuckled "I can hardly believe it either. But there is one big no no." Rudolph put his hands on his hips. "What, no pillow fighting?" He said with a smirk. You put to fingers to your neck, made a hissing noise and shook your head. Meaning you didn't want him to bite your neck. "Oh, don't worry. I haven't had a drop of the red stuff in a long time!" You were shocked. "But Vampires and blood go together like... Well... Vampires and blood!" "Yes, but we keep a low profile because of my father." "He doesn't like blood?!." "He wants us to stay away from mortals as much as possible." You stood there with a pillow in your hands. " So... Your not gonna bite me?" You asked as Rudolph put his hand on your shoulder and stared at your neck. "Hmmm... Time will tell." He said, flirtatiously. You sighed in relief as Rudolph lay the pillow you had in your hands in the wardrobe and yawned. "Good day, mortal!" He said then fell straight into the wardrobe shutting the doors. "Sleep well!.. Vampire." You slightly blushed but you had no idea why.

*Time skip to next night*

"What's with the early bedtime? This is so not you." Your mum said while she was sitting on your bed next to you watching you yawn. Your Dad stared at the wardrobe on the floor. " Why would they leave that there?.." "No don't!" You ran to your Dad. "I'm pretending it's my uh... Well, I haven't quite figured that out yet but when I do it'll be so awesome!" You got back into bed and fake yawned. "We'll see each other in the morning, ok?" "Of course we will." Your Mum said as she switched off the lights and shut your bedroom door. Outside the bedroom your parents just looked at each other confused.

As soon as the door was shut you switched on your light and went to the wardrobe and knocked on the door. "Are you awake?" There was no reply. "Rudolph? Hello?" You were worried and opened the wardrobe doors. He was gone. You just sat on the wardrobe upset. Until a certain someone gently tapped your shoulder. "AHHH!" You gave a loud scream. You literally fell off the wardrobe in fear. It was Rudolph. Flying upside down. "I thought you left me!" "I almost did" Rudolph grabbed your arm and pulled you close to him. You were a blushing mess. "(y/n), we have to go. For all I know. Rookery would've gotten to the rest of my clan and who knows what he'll do." You stared into his eyes and gave a confident nod. "My clan needs me! Needs US! I can't waste anymore time! Uh, do 13 year old kids from San Diego fly?" He asked "I can't even drive!" You replied. "Ugh I don't know how you mortals can stand walking everywhere." He chuckled. "Ready to fly?" He asked excitedly. "A...actually... No." You replied nervously because you have a fear of height's. "Come on. Take my hand." He reached his hand out and you grabbed it. You both gently and slowly flew a few inches above the ground. "Woah!" You gasped. "How am I doing this?" "I'm holding your hand." Rudolph replied.

Rudolph opened your window and almost flew out. "Now, we fly!" You were holding on to one of your curtains as you looked down. You gulped. "Oh, I don't think I can!" "I could just leave you here. You are just a mortal after all!" He let go of your hand and you fell back into your room and he crossed his arms with a smirk. "No way, Vampire! I'm going with you!" You said confidently. "Good! Let's start with a small step then. Give me your hand." "Just don't drop me, ok?" "Just tell yourself your floating like a leaf on the breeze." He dived down and you screamed. "And now up again!" He shouted. "This is so not floating!" You shouted. "Ah, floating's boring." You both landed on a rooftop. You reassured yourself. "Ok. I can do this. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?" "You fall a few hundred feet. No more excuses! We fly!" You gulped and screamed as you both dived down and then flew around the castle. "Whoo hoo! YES!" You shouted. You were blushing as well. "I could get used to this."

A/N

I loved writing this chapter! It was so fun to write!

Please stay tuned my fellow Bookworms!