Leg 5

With there now only being 7 teams left, the competition is starting to pick up. Teams are slowly falling off, and the ones left are starting to feel the race going in their favor. Some more so than others.

Kim: "Jay who are we going to give this extra task too?"

Jay: "We need to find someone who either, is doing well and we want to push back, or someone near the back who isn't doing so great and so, need to go home for not keeping up."

Kim: "I feel like a dick but it needs to be done right?"

Jay: "Right are there any teams you refuse to make do more tasks than needed, anyone you like?"

Kim: "Only one, but this is due to me just liking them as a person, I mean, Caitlin saved Roisin and Cheyenne from being sent back further at the detour by stopping anyone from putting the girls name up. And she's helped out some other teams as well, just with general encouragement. The issue is, her and Lachlan are a decent threat."

Jay: "How about we just, write it on paper, and pull out a name from a hat."

Kim: "That would be the most fair way to do it right?"

As the two put the names of each team into a hat, tossed it around and pulled one out. The two just nodded and agreed that this was the right way it could have been done.

As Kim And Jay stood on the mat for the previous pit stop, rugged up in large clothes as the cold Japanese Air blew a shiver down their spine. Jay ripped open the clue for the next location.

Jay: "Fly to Paris Holy shit, France, When you arrive, Find one of 7 marked vehicles and inside the middle console will be your next clue."

Kim: "Never been to Paris before, I wonder what it will be like?"

Jay: "I'm sure we will be happy to find out but at the same time, well, we won't get to see much, but with our track record so far, I assume we would get to see the major landmarks."

(Eh no budget this year remember, no prizes so yeah.)

Kim: "Good point, I mean they haven't given prizes at the end of each leg, just advantages for the race."

As the two began the walk in the cold Japanese night, there was relatively no issue from obtaining a late night taxi, to even booking themselves on the one flight available out of Japan early this morning to Paris.

With the now remaining 7 teams at the airport waiting, they were all curious as to who Kim and Jay chose to do the reverse speedbump, a challenge given to one team to complete.

Kim: "Do we tell them or wait?"

Jay: "Honestly, I don't even know? I feel like it's only fair but at the same time, they could severely fuck up. I hope they don't but they can."

With Kim and Jay talking to Caitlin and Lachlan. David had a revelation.

David: "What if they chose us based on the fact that we came second, try and give us extra work to do?"

Jane: "I already know who they chose and it wasn't us, if they were smart, they would continue to guarantee themselves a spot in the next leg. So I'd get rid of Roisin and Cheyenne. They have been pretty safe lately but last leg they fell behind, why not keep them further behind."

David: "Yeah, yeah you have a good point."

With the seven teams now all flying to Paris, France. Alex and Liam, as well as Roisin and Cheyenne were worried. They came in the 6th and 7th position last leg, they knew they had a large target on thier back for the speedbump, but David was also worried still. Second place meant they were a strong team, putting them behind might might be the smartest move but... Jane had a point. Why put someone behind when you can keep someone behind in the first place?