Clouds n' Blankets

"You're gonna come get me tonight, right mama?"

"I'll be there." Olivia knew Gabby loved her father, but she was a mama's girl at heart. She just couldn't stay away.

"I'll call you tonight?"

Olivia chuckled. "I'm sure you'll call in the next hour, dear."

"Yeah," sighed Gabby. "You're probably right."

"I love you, baby," said Olivia.

"Love you too, mama."

She hung the phone up and buried her face in her hands, smiling at her daughter. She was so thankful that the conversation was over because she swore Gabby had talked so much her ears were bleeding. All Gabby ever talked about was her newest summer fling. It was all she ever heard about these days and needless to say, Olivia couldn't wait to meet the boy. He seemed great.

Olivia's phone rang again and she swore it was Gabby, but upon looking at the contact name, she saw it was Elliot. She answered it quickly, smiled and absentmindedly ran her fingers through her hair. "Benson."

"Oh, hello there, may I speak to Lieutenant Benson-Stabler?" He was the only person that called her that. When they got married, she didn't want to change her name, but Elliot, being the traditional man that he is, wasn't having it, so she met him half way and got it hyphenated. She had been established in her career. Her name meant something. It carried weight. At work, she was Benson, and Benson only.

"This is she."

"Ooo, your voice is so sexy, I thought I called the wrong number."

"Maybe you did. She doesn't seem like the type to allow that type of talk."

"Well, I'm her husband, and I know she'll pretend not to enjoy it, but see, I know her like the back of my hand. Right now she'd be smiling to herself as she twirled her hair with her fingers." Olivia slammed her hand down on her desk. He knew her all too well. "And right about now she'll have put her hand down because I'm right."

"You sound like you know everything about her."

"I do. I also know she'd like to know that her husband and her daughter will be back in town tonight so she doesn't even need to make the trip to Queens."

Olivia smiled. She was so thankful he was bringing Gabby back. She was exhausted and didn't feel like driving to Queens, especially not with Noah. "Yeah, well," she cleared her throat and sat up straight, mustering the most sultry voice she could summon. "If this um, Lieutenant Benson-Stabler were here, I'm sure she'd want her husband to know to get here a little early because it's been a long fourteen months and she needs to be taken care of," she paused and then said in her normal voice, "but I don't know that for sure. Just assuming."

"You mean I'm gonna get to fool around with my wife tonight?" asked Elliot breaking character and attempting to end their charade, but Olivia wasn't having it.

"I don't know. You'll just have to wait until whenever you see her. Maybe ask her yourself."

"Do me a favor?"

"What's that?"

"You tell her to get a nap in because I'm not so sure she can take what I've got to put down. I gotta lot of ammunition."

His words sent a shudder down her spine and suddenly she wished he were there right then. Well played, she thought. "Oh, she's a tough one and doesn't tame that easily. She can take whatever you've got and give it right back."

"I'm looking forward to it." Olivia practically felt him smiling through the phone. "I love you, Liv."

"I love you. See you later."