Chapter Eighteen: Mission

☆Ladies, gentlemen and everyone in between, this chapter is when you(and Alistair and Camden) get introduced to two of my favorite characters-- Blake and Quinn Devereux! They have their own book, titled Hybristophilia, if you're interested...however it's not good...yet. A few more terrible things have to happen before it gets juicy. Anyway, hope you're enjoying my writing, and don't forget to comment! I love comments!☆

     Alistair
       My hands reached up to pluck at my hair for nth time today, only to get swatted away by Oliver.

  "Oliver," I groaned. "What am I to do?" He gave a worried glance at Camden's still body in the hospital bed. "Have patience, it is a virtue, after all. Would you like me to send for Alexei to help you to your quarters?" I shook my head.

"I can't leave him. Not ever again." He gave me a solemn look. "Alright," he whispered softly. "Just make sure you get some sleep. Daybreak is upon us." He turned on his heel and cracked away. My eyes set on my fiancé.

  I gently stroked his cheek. "Damnit, he's right. I can't stay in here with you." I glanced at the huge window. I worried the ring on my finger, biting my bottom lip.

   There are times when the light bulb appears above my head. I dragged a coffin from our room into the hospital room. "Sweet dreams, darling." I whispered before descending.

----------------------Night-------------------------------
  I opened my coffin, feeling refreshed. "Good morning darli--"
    My heart dropped to my feet.
        The bed was empty.
  "Oliver...Oliver, your majesty!" I ran into the throne room, glad to see both kings were already in their thrones.
"He's gone!" Oliver nearly dropped his teacup.

    "Gone? Show me." I led him into the room. "Did he just wake up and walk away?" I asked.
"I'm no scientist, but I have a feeling someone took him." He pointed at the very obvious shattered glass on the floor.
   "Who...why..." I was in near sobs. Hasn't he had enough, already?
  "I don't know. Here, on this paper is directions to the toughest vampires I know. They'll help you find him, and punish the wrongdoer."
   He shoved the paper at me. "No matter what they say, don't be afraid or upset. Their language may be fowl, but they can track and fight like no one's business. I can't teleport you directly to the house, but I will get you as close as I can, okay?"

   I nodded, waiting for the horrible sensation of being teleported. The feel of your body inflamed and destroyed into tiny little pieces, before everything soothes and you're normal again.
    The pain washed over me like rain. But soon, the almost high feeling made me squint open an eye.
   "A forest...great." I grumbled. "Let's see, 1469 death road." I rolled my eyes at the cheesy name. "Let's get this over with."

    I scouted and searched, until my eyes found a decent, two story house decorated with only white and black paint.
    "1469...hell yeah!"
    I knocked on the door, causing a very ferocious sounding dog to bark and growl and howl.
    The door swung open, quite violently, I may add. A vampire, with icy blue eyes, numerous tattoos and piercings wearing black booty shorts, and a heavy set collar with a leash connected to it and black thigh high boots opened the door.

  "The fuck you want?" He growled. Wow, for his size, he sure is...intimidating. "Hello, I was sent here by Oliver, King of--"
   "Who is it, slave?" A grumbly, deep and dark voice joined the conversation. His voice alone had me nervous.
    The boy at the boy smiled. "No one important, Master. Can we continue now?" He whined, closing the door. "Wait!"
    I stuck my foot in the door. He gave me the death glare. "Alright, dick. I can play these games." He attempted smashing my foot with the door.
   "I come from the Vampire Kingdom!" I shouted.
     His eyes popped in realization. "Oh. Come in, come in."
    Their dark home was decorated quite blandly, minus the occasional family photos.
       The ground seemed to shake beneath me, as the sound of marching approached me. I looked at the boots, leading up to the leather pants, with a black shirt. His maroon eyes seemed to stare through my soul.

"Quinn, who is this man in my chair?" The giant lowered himself on their black loveseat. "Someone from the Palace, Master." The boy from the door, Quinn answered, gracefully lowering himself into the giant's lap.
   The giant eyed the boy with scorn.
    "Did you answer the door with no shirt, slave, and risk revealing what is mine?"
    Quinn pouted. "I am sorry, Master. I deserve whatever punishment you see fit."
 "I will." He murmured, before he tugged off his own shirt, and covered Quinn's naked chest with it.
   "What do you want?" The giant's eyes met mine. "I was told you are good trackers. My fiancé was kidnapped last night and---"
  He raised his hand to silent me. "Did you bring any personal items of his with you?" I nodded, pulling out his bloody shirt from my pocket. I handed it to him, who smirked at it.
   "Perfect. Who kidnapped him?"
   "That's the problem..." I trailed off, rubbing my arm. Quinn scoffed.
   "You asked for help not even knowing who took him? What a dumbass."
    I gaped at him, before looking up at his 'Master'.
    "I agree, baby." He grumbled. "But we owe Oliver, its the least we could do."
    I smiled. "Operation: Mission is underway!"
    The couple stared at me. "That's the best you could come up with?"
    I had a feeling that this couple may be tough to crack, but every cookie has a crumbly point.