Chapter 1

Third person pov

Shota Aizawa is in love, and he has been for the past fifteen years.

Of course, loving someone who's been dead an entire decade is rather anticlimactic to say the least. They're... well, gone. He knew it was idiotic to continue harboring his feelings for said person, but it wasn't like he could just make them go away. That wasn't how these things worked. He couldn't simply wipe his affections away just because he wanted them gone. He had to wait for them to fade. At this rate, that didn't seem to be happening, but he could dream.

Aizawa wasn't someone who seemed... To put it simply, he wasn't romantic. He was blunt, cold, and rough around the edges. He didn't know what the word 'fashion' meant and was being sustained purely by jelly pouches he purchased at a dingy supermarket that honestly looked more like a gas station. Nothing about him was appealing.

Yet still, his feelings remained. With him knowing he was the human equivalent of a garbage bag. With him knowing that the object of his admiration was dead.

When Shota was fifteen years old, he made it into UA's General Studies program. Being in such a course was like being in what Aizawa imagined a normal highschool was like. He wasn't fond of his homeroom teacher, he didn't have friends, and the classes were just as grueling, if not more so, than they were in middle school. It was underwhelming in every possible way. Maybe that's why he worked so hard during the sports festival. Or perhaps fate had simply had other plans for him.

He was transferred into the hero course during the beginning of his second semester, and the difference between the two tracks was immense. Shockingly so.

The students there were bolder, and more lively. Almost all of them had 'go big or go home' attitudes about them. The trainings were extensive, and their regular classes were shortened the make way for the intense and rigorous exercises the hero classes were all put through. But honestly, none of this struck Shota. He'd expected it. Though stunned, he adjusted quickly. The change hadn't hit him that hard.

What did feel like a couple of ice cubes sliding down his back, however, was their criminology teacher, Hiroki Akisuka.

"Whaaa, you're my new student?! It's a pleasure to meet you, Shota-kun." Hiroki grinned down at him, absolutely beaming in every sense of the word. Aizawa was too stunned to speak at the time. The cheerful man reached out and ruffled his already messy black hair. Shota felt his cheeks color a little when the man kept his hand resting on his head.  "I'm going to be your criminology teacher. My name is Hiroki Akisuka. I'm excited to have you in my class, kiddo!"

He was the youngest teacher on staff, being only twenty-four years of age at the time. Shota didn't know why he was so taken with the man. He was everything Aizawa wasn't. He had long, white hair, and bright silvery blue eyes that gleamed joyfully.

Everything about him was a contrast to the short, scrawny Eraserhead. He was lively and cheerful, and witty to no end. He was one of the smartest men Aizawa had ever met. Between his kind and understanding mannerisms and the fact that his smile could probably blind someone due to how damn bright it was, Shota Aizawa was at a loss as to why he was suddenly in love with his teacher. The feelings came out of literally nowhere and smacked him right in the face.

"I brought snacks." Hiroki announced as he barrelled into the classroom, a grin plastered on his face. His hair was a mess, and his cheeks were flushed from running. The class immediately erupted in cheers when they saw the huge plate of cookies he was carrying. Aizawa hung back as they swarmed. He was beginning to get used to Mr. Akisuka bringing food to the class. He was also getting used to not getting any.