Chapter 9

Third person pov

Hizashi Yamada, better known as Present Mic, was an emotional guy. He was outgoing, and put his heart into everything he did. He was invested! When Hiroki Akisuka called, he'd been confused. He'd seen the man not fifteen minutes ago. Like the sly blonde devil he just so happened to be, he'd sent the cheery criminology teacher and his best friend off.

Of course he'd answered. Not only was he an upstanding guy when it came to manners, he was too curious not to. Hiroki was an interesting man. He'd risen from the dead, and had the cold and rational Shota Aizawa head over heels in love with him. Hizashi was amused by that to no end. Aizawa, in love with someone as happy and outgoing as Hiroki? It was one of the most adorable things he'd ever seen in his life.

Hiroki hadn't even given him time to say hello. He just broke out into a frustrated rant, illustrated greatly by the background noises of what sounded like a locker room. The slamming of a door, and the banging of lockers as he angrily changed. Hizashi was caught halfway between being shocked and amused. At least, that was until he realized what Hiroki was spurting angrily about. He'd quickly fallen into relief when he realized that Hiroki's mindless jabber was concern. For Aizawa.

Hizashi cared about Aizawa. They'd been best friends ever since their first year at high school, but that didn't mean the dark-haired man ever listened to him. If Mic dared pry too much, Aizawa would shut down completely. Hizashi would try to tell him he needed more sleep, and he'd get a glare. He'd try to tell him to taken less hours at the agency, and be rewarded with an eye roll. There was no winning when it came to Shoto Aizawa.

But Hiroki Akisuka was Hiroki mother-fucking Akisuka. He had power here. The leverage, if you wanted to call it that. Shota was desperately in love with the dude. Painfully so. It was cute, but in that way that made you wince and grimace with nothing short of sheer pity and sympathy. The dark-haired man was so taken, that Hiroki breathing could probably send him into a frenzy if you caught him in the right mood.

This meant that Hiroki had influence. If Hiroki intruded and tried to help, Aizawa quite literally would not be able to refuse him. He was so in love, and trying so hard to hide it that he was helpless when it came to the white-haired man. And that? That was the tea. Spilt. If anyone could get Aizawa to take care of himself, it would be Hiroki. Aizawa would probably kill for the man if asked by him, which was a little terrifying but also incredibly endearing all the same.

"He's definitely stubborn." Hizashi agreed, grin stretched wide. "I've tried and tried to help him! Maybe he needs someone new for a change. He's become oh so immune to me. Maybe what he needs... is you, Mr. Akisuka."

The spoke with theatrical flare, trying to stop himself from shrieking out of pure joy. He'd surely shatter the eardrums of everyone on this street if he did that. This was just... his chance. Shota's chance, to get better and to finally have something good! For once in his life, it was time for the guy to start thinking of himself. He needed to. At this rate, he'd wither away into nothing.

"I told you to call me Hiroki." The man on the other line huffed, not seeming to notice Mic's giddy tone. "What do I do? I'm just some guy who'd been dead ten years. It doesn't matter if I was his favorite teacher once. He's older than I am now, and if he doesn't want to get better... if he doesn't put effort..." Hiroki trailed off, sounding distraught.

"I've... Shota has been like this a long time, M- Hiroki. It's gotten worse lately, for uh... for some reason. No idea why. Not a clue." Mic coughed into his fist. "I've been wanting to get him in-home help for a long time, but he doesn't trust easy. He has a spare room and everything. I just... I don't want to get him a professional, just someone to be there with him and make sure he's eating and sleeping, you know? He would never accept anyone with a psychology degree or anything like that..."