Chapter 6

Third person pov

Mic had expected Shota to come to work on Monday one of two ways. He'd either look nicer than he had in years, or he'd look shittier than he had in his entire life. Unfortunately, it was the latter, which wasn't as surprising as it should have been. Aizawa shuffled into the teachers lounge with the deepest bags Hizashi had ever seen under his eyes. His skin was pale, his hair was greasy, and he looked like he hadn't eaten anything solid for at least a week.

"Holy shit, are you sick?" Midnight questioned him as he downed his second cup of coffee. The speed at which he could gulp the caffeine infused liquid was startling. He was practically inhaling the stuff at this rate. Mic tried not to wince, really, he did. His poor friend was looking downright cancerous, and Mic was all the way across the room! He couldn't even begin to imagine how shitty he looked up close.

"No." Aizawa grumbled out. It was at that moment that Hiroki Akisuka decided to make his appearance. At this point, everyone had been informed of the cheerful man's circumstances, so he was able to bounce right into the teachers lounge without fear of being gawked at by anyone he might have known who was currently on staff. He seemed too cheerful for someone who had just woken up after being dead ten years.

"Good morning!" He greeted jovially. His eyes then landed in Shota. "Holy- are you okay?!"

Aizawa looked away, scowling when the tips of his ears began to burn with embarrassment. Mic made a real effort not to snicker at his best friend's suffering. Aizawa had never shown any interest in anyone other than Mr. Akisuka, and now that he'd risen from the dead, a new door had been opened! And Mic was ready to careen right on through it and embrace anything and everything that happened to lay on the other side.

"My, my, Mr. Akisuka. You're just as handsome as I remember you being!" Midnight pounced on the man immediately. Mic rushed over as Shota's gaze snapped to her, his coal eyes narrowing to slits.

"Nemuri-chan?!" The man gasped, but didn't seem at all perturbed. "Look at you! You got taller too!"

Mic snorted a little as Midnight laughed, putting a suggestive hand on the man's shoulder. Aizawa took this chance to admire his "new" co-worker. His white hair was brushed out and put up in a ponytail, as it usually had been before he died. His light eyes almost seemed to glow with joy, and his skin was just as radiant as ever, if not a little pale. The bridge of his nose still dipped the same was Aizawa remembered, and his jaw like had that same curve he'd find himself gazing at throughout his Criminology class back when he was a teen.

"You know, I've grown in more ways than one." She winked. Mic had to applaud Hiroki, who's bright smile didn't waver.

"We both know I don't swing that way, Nemuri-chan!" He chirped, and Aizawa spit out his coffee in surprise, while Mic simply fell into a fresh fit of snickering. "I mean, look at me. A turtleneck and loafers? The signs are all there."

"A woman can dream." Nemuri sighed in a good natured sort of way. R-rated or not, at least she knew when not to push. "It's good to see you back. We were all devastated when you passed."

Hiroki's smile turned into something more apologetic. "I'm sorry I didn't mention my quirk prior to my passing. I never thought..."

"Hey, it's not your fault." Mic assured with a grin. Hiroki brightened a little again, eyes shifting to Shota. The dark-haired man seemed deep in thought.

Truth be told, Aizawa had never really considered Hiroki's sexuality before. Them ever being together wasn't something he thought would or could happen, so he didn't worry about it. In the past, he'd operated on the idea that he'd be lovestruck forever, but that he'd never be able to pursue the object of his affections. That was different now now Hiroki was back. There wasn't a nine year age gap, and Hiroki wasn't seeing him so much as a student anymore, but as... well, as a grown man, and fellow staff member.