Chapter 11

Third person pov

The next day, Hiroki got to UA with a smile on his face. He hadn't talked to Shota about moving in at all, but he was eager to see what the dark-haired man had to say nonetheless. Mic had seemed so positive in their text messages, it was hard not to get his hopes up! Though, a big part of him was quite sure his former student would be giving a hard no. He'd always been a private person when Hiroki knew him, and that fact hadn't appeared to have changed. Hiroki wouldn't push if Aizawa's decision was remain living all by his lonesome. Akisuka would never pressure him like that.

Hiroki had his eyes peeled for Shoto Todoroki as he entered the school. He'd tried to corner the teenager a few times, but he'd always rushed off before Hiroki could get a word in! Today he was determined to have a chat with him, even if it meant asking him to stay after class. Embarrassing him in front of his peers wasn't the goal, but Hiroki had been meaning to talk to him. It was no matter! Hiroki had time. He'd get his chance. Besides, right now he was a bit more worried about what Shota would say. Hiroki honestly wasn't too sure what he'd do if his former student said no. He'd tried to be careful and not get his hopes up, but he couldn't help himself! The idea of living with Shota was extremely appealing.

He knew and trusted the man, for one thing. That was important to him, and the idea of not being so lonely presented great appeal. It wasn't just that, either. Shota wasn't living a healthy lifestyle. He didn't sleep, wasn't eating properly from what Hiroki had gathered, and was generally running himself dry. He'd kill himself at the rate he was going! Mic agreed with him. Hiroki wasn't an idiot. He knew the blonde voice hero had exaggerated on plenty of points when talking about Shota's trust. However, it was clear the boisterous man had only done it out of concern. Hiroki respected that. Sometimes, meddling was required.

Now, Hiroki wasn't the best cook in the world, but he had a great deal of housewife in him. He knew how odd that sounded, but he really was a busybody. He enjoyed cleaning, liked to cook meals, and was an expert at getting people to take care of themselves. He was a teacher! He knew when his students weren't getting enough sleep. Even if that student was now older than him. Yes, he knew it was out of the ordinary that he wanted to dote on another adult, but he couldn't help himself! It was Shota! 

"Hiroki! There you are." Mic seemed to materialize out of pretty much nowhere, but Hiroki just beamed happily at him and otherwise showed no reaction to his sudden appearance. Mic was vibrating with excitement. Today was the day his schemes came to fruition. It was only a matter of time now before Shota made an appearance. The dark-haired man was anything but confrontational, but Hiroki was a bold guy. He'd handle it. "Excited to hear what Shota will say?"

"I'm honestly trying not to get my hopes up." Hiroki admitted, his smile turning sheepish. Mic let out a laugh.

"Oh please, Shota adores you! He'd be an idiot to say no." Mic said, sounding nearly menacing as he did so. Hiroki just smiled and shook his head with a laugh. Mic was such an oddball! He hadn't changed a bit since his high school days. Neither had Shota, save for the fact that he was now on what seemed like an honest-to-god mission to get himself killed. A diet composed of instant ramen and jelly packets wasn't a diet-- it was a death sentence! Even if he declined Hiroki's request to room with him, you could bet your ass the man would still be making him breakfast, lunch, and quite possibly dinner if he could just figure out the tired pro's address.

"'Adores' is a strong word, you know. But I love him too! You two have grown up into such amazing men. All my students have. Even Nemuri, even if her sex jokes are questionable." Hiroki said proudly. Mic wished he'd been recording. Hiroki loved Shota! Not like that, but having it on camera would be nothing short of excellent. There was so much he could convince Shota to do just by replaying that alone. Maybe he could coerce Hiroki into unassumingly saying it again.