Chapter 10

Third person pov

Never let it be said that Present Mic doesn't like to play dirty. He doesn't juggle three jobs at a time with willpower alone. He knows how to get the things he needs, when he needs them. If that means he has to be a but manipulative, then so be it. It's not done with bad intent, and he would never dare do it if he didn't strictly need to. Normally, coercing his friends into doing things wasn't something he'd ever do. They could always see it coming from a mile away, anyway. This time was different. This time, Mic had no doubts that this was necessary. 

"Shota! There you are." Mic landed next to the man perched on the rooftop with a grin. He'd finished up his radio show for the night, had taken a quick nap, and was now out on patrol. He didn't patrol as long as other heroes, or as often. He was more of the stand-by type that got called in for specific missions or during emergencies. The type that Aizawa should look into strictly being. Instead, the man doubled as someone who helped the police closely while also patrolling freely each night. Not healthy, if you asked Mic.

Aizawa grunted, glancing at the man sharply. How he was still friends with someone so loud and boisterous, he had absolutely no idea. Mic was too pushy to actually get rid of. Aizawa had learned this a rather long time ago, and had learned to tolerate it. But lately, the man had been more unbearable. It was all thanks to Hiroki Akisuka, of course. Mic seemed hooked on the idea of them possibly getting together. Sure, Shota dreamed of the same thing, but at least he actually knew how improbable it was that it would ever happen. He wasn't good enough for someone that cheerful and bright. He'd accepted this already.

"What do you want?" Shota sighed in a tone with no real bite to it. It was full of a weariness that ran bone deep and could only be erased by copious amounts of relaxation, a new, healthy diet, the proper amount of sleep, and consistent cuddles. The cuddling part could definitely take a while, Mic knew. Who knows how long it would take for Hiroki to get into Aizawa, if he wasn't already. Mic could dream. One day, his exhausted amigo would have everything he needed! Hopefully, he'd begin to lead a better life with Hiroki around. All that he had to do now was get his dark-eyed friend to agree on letting Hiroki move in.

"Hey now, don't be like that! I thought we were friends." Mic stuck his tongue out, grinning wildly as he plopped down next to Eraserhead. The man grunted, eyeing the expression on his loud companion's face. It screamed danger and warning. Something was up. "I've got a proposition for you. It's actually pretty important, if you catch my drift."

"No." Aizawa immediately said, his tone flat and leaving no room for argument. Mic let out an offended squawk.

"What?! But I haven't even told you what it is yet!" Mic whined, giving Shota his best puppy eyes. His best puppy eyes which are expertly ignored. 

"I don't like the look on your face." Aizawa explained, as though that were a valid excuse.

"But Shota, it's really, really important. I promise you'll be into it, too. There's no way you'll possibly say no!" Mic exclaimed gleefully, clapping his hands together. Aizawa's glare screams at him to lower his volume or pay the consequences, so the voice hero complies. He leans a bit closer to his irritated friend, eyes glinting maniacally beneath his tinted orange glasses. "You know, it's actually about Hiroki."

Mic can see the way he tenses upon hearing the name, and has to bite back a cackle. Just how much a simple name can effect someone as stoic and closed off as Shota is never ceases to amaze him. It's like something physically grabs a hold of him every time it floats past his ears. Though Shota is now scowling-- and yes, it is quite intimidating, but Mic has never been a little bitch-- Mic can still see the raw intrigue shining in his tired, dark eyes. Mic keeps his lips sealed shut. Too much pushing and Shota would stop responding. Mic wanted to pull.

"...What about him?" Shota grumbled after about a minute of solid silence, seeming to give up on the idea that Mic might elaborate on his own. Mic tired not to grin too widely. Of course, Aizawa already knew well and good what the smile on his face meant. Though, he'd resigned to his fate. Mic wasn't going to let him go until the offer was laid out before him. Shota could only hope he had the willpower to refuse whatever it was.

"So glad you asked. You see, he's homeless." Mic had been waiting to drop that bomb ever since he realized Hiroki needed a place. Just watching the way Aizawa's entire body jerked, shoulders tightening and eyes going just slightly wide. His head snapped towards Mic, eyes showing incredulity, especially when he saw how bright-eyed Mic looked. For a moment, the blonde thought his friend's jaw might actually drop, but he remained tight-lipped as he processed.

"He's what?" Aizawa hissed with only a few moments delay. Mic let out a bark of a laugh.

"He's totally homeless! His family got him a hotel to stay in for a while, but otherwise, he's got no place to go! He's been apartment hunting since he got back, too." Mic snickered a bit. "He can't seem to find anywhere near UA, though. He almost cried when I told him you have a spare room you're not using, you know. He was too embarrassed to ask, poor thing! Thought you'd feel pressured. He insisted that if I were to ask, I leave his name out of it."

Aizawa did gape this time, eyes blown wide. For a moment, the man looked as though he'd forgotten where they were entirely. He popped up out of his crouch, standing stock-straight and almost teetering right off the edge of the building. Mic jumped up as well, prepared to steady him, but mostly just so he could meet his dear friend's gaze better. This was the most crucial part of the conversation. Or it would be if Shota would actually say something instead of just gawking at Mic like he'd just admitted to running an illegal quirk fighting ring.

Sure, Mic had exaggerated it a bit. Hiroki was in no way a 'poor thing', and he hadn't almost cried when Mic said Aizawa had another room. The white-haired man had been contemplative, naturally. He saw the benefits of it on both sides, and was absolutely ready to flip Aizawa's life upside down in the best way possible. Aizawa had absolutely to idea that this was an intervention. 

"You told him... about my spare room?" Aizawa didn't sound angry, just horrified.

"I did. And he thinks living with you would be amazing." Mic exaggerated just a little. "He knows how to cook too, you know. Kept going on about all the meals he could make you. This could be your in, Eraser! Think about it. He has no place to go, and no one to turn to. All his friends are ten years older than him now. You're familiar! You can help him figure all the new shit out, you know?"

Aizawa's heart thumped wildly in his chest. The idea of sharing a living space with Hiroki Akisuka... well, it quite frankly sounded a whole lot like suicide to him. He got flustered enough around the man as it was, but to see him in a domestic situation would probably do him in. To see his hair, dripping wet after a shower. Him cooking breakfast in the morning, him wearing pajamas, his bed-head, him lounging on the couch, them both existing within the same space casually. Hiroki with his cat, Hiroki telling him good morning and goodnight, greeting him when he came home, just existing and smiling in general

"You're turning red." Mic noted cheekily. It was totally working. More proof that yes, Mic just so happened to be a mad genius.

"I can't." Aizawa blurted out, looking alarmed at the sound of his own voice. As though he somehow hadn't expected it. "Mic, you know I can't. How could I? You and I both know how I feel about that. About him, and-"

"Homeless, Shota." Mic cut off his frantic ranting. Aizawa's mouth snapped shut so fast Mic thought he heart his teeth clack. "He's homeless, and wants to live with you. We had a whole phone call about it."

"A phone call?" Shota croaked, mouth dry.

"Yeah. He called me because he was super worried about how much sleep you're getting. He cares about you a lot." He knew it was fairly cruel to do this to his dear friend, whom he'd known since their first year at UA, but how could he possibly resist? Aizawa needed help, and Hiroki was influential enough that Shota might just listen to him.

Aizawa sighed heavily after a moment, shoulders slouching. Mic grinned. He'd won.