Chapter 4

Third person pov

When Aizawa slammed the door to the teachers lounge open, Present Mic and Vlad King were the only ones inside. They both jumped as Shota stumbled in, eyes wide and chest heaving. He was shaking like a leaf in the wind, and- oh my God, was he crying?! Mic leapt out of his seat immediately as his friend gave out a strangled choking sound, like he was trying to say something but couldn't form words to do so. It was a moderately horrifying sight to behold.

"Shota, what the hell?!" Mic caught him by his shoulders. Aizawa didn't look like he'd heard, staring at his shaking hands. He looked almost confused. As though there was something he couldn't quite understand or process.

"Is he okay? What happened?" Vlad King asked, brow creased with concern. Mic gazed at his friend helplessly as he coughed, gulping down air as fast as his lungs would let him.

"W-Wait, Shota-kun!" A voice sounded from down the hall, and Aizawa froze, fumbling for words for a moment as a question and exclamation both formed in his mind at the same time. Mic felt his confusion as well. He knew that voice. There was no way he'd ever be able to forget it. "Shota, I'm sorry!"

A man swung into the teachers lounge, sweaty and breathing hard. Hizashi immediately froze when he saw who it was, jaw dropping. King Vlad looked mildly taken aback, but mostly just confused. He hadn't known Hiroki when the man was alive. It made sense. He'd been a criminology teacher only to some, and switched grade levels for the sole purpose of staying with the same group of kids for as long as possible. King Vlad hadn't been in UA at the same time they were.

Mic stared, because Hiroki-fucking-Akisuka was standing int he doorway. The evident love of Shota's life, who had been dead an entire decade! If he'd died for a few hours, he could get that. There were quirks that could bring people back to life a day or so after decease. Ten years though? That was a whole other ball game. Was this man real? He looked and sounded the same.

"Hizashi?! You're tall too!" The man gaped, pushing some of his hair from his sweaty face. Hizashi grasped for words, but he found none to grip onto. At least he knew why Shota was crying now.

"Who're you?" King Vlad asked. Hiroki offered a bright smile, though it was strained as he tried to catch his breath. He didn't look alarmed by their shocked reactions. If anything, he seemed understanding. Mic wanted to scream. Loudly. Was he an intruder? Why would anyone masquerade as a dead man? God, this was horrible and great at the same time. 

"Hiroki Akisuka, at your service." He breathed out, patting his chest as though it would soothe his racing heart. The adrenaline that came with chasing Shota halfway across the school was more than he could have ever imagined. And damn was he out of shape now. "I'm the criminology teacher."

"Ah, I see..." Vlad King trailed off, eyes darting to Hizashi and Shota. Both were gaping at Hiroki, and Aizawa was... well, he was crying. Vlad King had known the guy for a while now, and never once had he shed a tear. Even the emotions he seemed to feel and show were limited. They were mostly annoyance and exhaustion from what he could tell. Sometimes he'd get irritated at his students, but the brief bits of rage came in small spurts. If anything, he go more exasperated than angry.

"Ah, don't cry!" Hiroki looked mortified as Aizawa and Hizashi gaped at him. "Nezu should have told you just- Oh, man. I'm sorry you guys."

"T-Told us what?" Hizashi sputtered. He hadn't been all that emotionally attached to Hiroki, but the man was someone the blonde had looked up to. He'd gotten over his death, unlike Shota, and he'd mourned for a while. Yet here he was now. Standing in the door of the teachers lounge, out of breath and panicked. As though he hadn't been dead ten years.