Chapter 8- Tea for two

That night was a magical night. After leaving my dad's office, I felt all sorts of emotions. A mix of relief, some worry, a little sadness about the past, but for the most part I was extremely happy. I couldn't help but keep a smile on my face. I also couldn't help thinking about the expedition the next day. I began to worry slightly about it, but tried to stay positive. All that really mattered was that I finally got to meet my dad.

As I was making my way back to my room, I knew I was going to have a hard time sleeping that night, so I decided I would make myself some tea to help me sleep. I wandered around the halls until I found the kitchen, and I began to boil some water. As I was waiting, I heard someone come in. Much to my surprise, it was corporal Levi. I wasn't sure if I should say anything, so I just ended up staring. I could tell he felt awkward from me staring for so long so I decided to say, "Hi."

He just looked at me and didn't say anything. I was sort of offended, but I didn't really care since it was Levi and that's just how he is. I continued shortly after saying, "I'm making tea, do you want some?"

He looked at me again and replied "yes I would, I actually came to make some myself."

"Alright, it should be ready in a few minutes," I replied. I couldn't take my eyes off of him as we were standing there awkwardly waiting for the water to boil. I was still smiling because of my dad, and now I was even happier because I was so close to Levi. The water started boiling and I poured myself and Levi a cup of tea each.

"Your tea, sire," I said as I bowed slightly, mimicking a butler or something as I handed him the cup. He was not amused in the slightest.

"Thank you," he said after I handed him his cup.

"Of course," I replied with a smile. I was going to take my tea back to my room, despite wanting to stay with him so badly. I knew he'd be annoyed if I did stay though so I cleaned up my mess and began to head back. Before I left I turned back and said "goodnight Levi." I panicked a little because I forgot to say 'captain' or 'corporal' or whatever the hell I was supposed to call him.

But, to my surprise he simply replied with "goodnight (y/n)." My eyes widened immediately at the fact that he knew my name. There was no way I was going to get any sleep that night.