Chapter 14- The dream

I went with Levi to wait outside the little courtroom that my dad was in. Apparently they were discussing the mission and what was gained from it. Levi said he'd probably get out just fine, but I couldn't help but worry. I was glad they let us wait outside, so that I could see him when he got out of there.

Levi and I were sitting on a bench silently. We had been waiting there for a while already. I could sort of hear them talking, but I was too tired to really listen. I could feel myself drifting off. Without thinking, I rested my head on Levi's shoulder. I figured he would shove me off or something, but he didn't. Being close to him calmed me somehow. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

I started dreaming about my mother. I dreamt of the time that she taught me a song that she used to love. She told me she used to dance to it with my dad before he left. I remember it was some sort of love song and it was really beautiful. I was dreaming of when she sang it to me the first time and how I played along on the piano. She taught me the song line by line. The dream felt so peaceful, it felt like I was home again. How could I forget that song? I hadn't played the piano or sung in so long. I missed it. I missed mom.

"Y/N, wake up," I heard. I opened my eyes slowly to see that Levi had been trying to wake me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to doze off," I said as I sat up.

"It's fine, the commander should be coming out any minute. Seems it all went well."

I was relieved to hear that, and I knew I would get to see my dad soon. After sitting up for a minute, I started feeling a pain in my neck from how I was resting my head on his shoulder. "Ugh, my neck is killing me now," I complained as I tried to massage it with my hand.

"Makes sense, you were laying like that for quite a while," Levi replied. "You'll probably be feeling that for a few days," he said in a slightly sarcastic tone.

"Lovely," I replied as I sat there in agony.

The doors finally opened and everyone inside the room came out, including my dad. I got up and hurried over to him to greet him with a hug. I thought back to my dream from earlier, and hugged him even tighter. Erwin was the closest thing to home I had now.