Chapter 12- Levi's ankle

After just a few nice hours spent dreaming of Levi, it was time to get up. I didn't want to miss breakfast, if only it didn't have to be so early. I forced myself to get out of bed and get dressed. Then I headed out to the dining hall. I met up with Sasha on the way there, and we discussed everything that had happened the day before. I left out the part about Levi, unsure of whether it meant anything. We arrived at the dining hall shortly and joined the group that was already there.

After breakfast, I decided to go look for my dad. As I neared his office, I passed the infirmary. I was shocked to see Levi in there having what looked like his ankle being treated. I kept walking because I didn't want him to see me lurking, but I remembered how he did hurt his ankle in the fight against the female titan while protecting Mikasa. That meant he was injured last night when he decided to walk with me. I didn't pay attention to whether he was limping last night or not. I felt bad for him, but I have to admit, it made me happy to know he chose to walk with me with a bum leg. Even if it didn't mean anything to him, it was special to me.

When I arrived at my dad's office, it looked as if a meeting or something had just ended. I popped my head in to say "hi dad."

"Hello (y/n), come on in," he said as he gestured me in. "I'm glad you're here, there's actually something I would like to discuss with you."

"Oh really, what is it?" I questioned.

He went on to explain what had just been discussed in his meeting. "I've spoken with a few of your comrades who may have an idea of who the female titan could be. She would've been one of your classmates in the cadet corps"

"Wait, what? Who?" I was completely taken by surprise.

"Armin has identified her as Annie Leonhart." He continued to explain what evidence they had on her, including how she stole Marco's gear. They didn't have much to go on, but it really did seem like it might be her.

"Shit..." was all I had to say after hearing all of this.

Later that evening, a small group of us gathered to discuss the plan with Eren. As we walked into the room, Levi and Eren were already in there waiting for us. Levi nodded at me and I nodded back with a slight smile then quickly looked away. As Erwin and Armin explained, Eren was in disbelief. He was arguing against everyone else, despite the evidence they presented. We didn't have much to go on, but I kept thinking 'better safe than sorry.' Everyone else was pretty much on the same page, except for Eren. Despite Eren's shock, we decided to act on the information we had and set up a plan to capture the female titan.

After we were all done talking, everyone walked out, but Levi remained. I decided to stay behind with him. I walked toward him asking, "how's the leg?" I took a seat by him.

"My ankle is sprained. It hurts but I can walk on it when needed, but I won't be able to fight with it."

"That sucks, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's not your fault."

"It's too bad you won't be able to fight with us, you're the best soldier there is."

"Tch," he chuckled slightly and stood up. I watched as he stood up and as I was looking up at him, he put his hand on my head and ruffled my hair a bit.

I was shocked, and probably blushing bright red. "Hey!" I swatted his hand away.

He just smirked a little and said, "so, how about you make us some tea?"

I smirked back at him as I stood up, and made my way toward the door. He followed behind me and we made our way to the kitchen.