Chapter 22- The kiss

Captain Levi received a letter from Erwin, detailing how to proceed. After reading it, he ordered us to pack up everything and leave the cabin we had been staying at. We grabbed our gear and made it look like we were never there. Once we made it out of there, we could see from a distance that it was getting raided by military police. The captain then ordered us to keep moving to the meeting place.

Once we arrived in Trost, the group of us walked through the town. People around us took notice, and recognized Levi right away, and they started harassing him.

"Hey, aren't you Levi?" One guy questioned.

"I've seen him before too!" Another man chimed in.

"It's humanity's strongest soldier, Levi!" A crowd started gathering around us as we continued walking.

"Hey, he's tiny... I've only ever seen him on horseback before." They continued harassing him, saying it was the survey corps fault that their business was doing bad, complaining to him about the fact that they weren't making enough money to eat.

"But you're sure sittin' pretty aren't you? On a shopping trip? Bringing women along too?" The men started harassing us too.

"Hey, I've seen her before," one man looked at me, "you're the Commander's daughter aren't you?" He proceeded to try to put a hand on me.

"Hey! Fuck off," I said angrily as I swatted his arm away.

"Watch out!" Levi called out, looking behind. The man had the nerve to grab Levi, but then a wagon came rushing through, grabbing Jean and Armin, who were disguised as Eren and Historia.

We followed the wagon to some warehouse, and they had the two of them tied up. I was positioned on lookout along with Connie. We could see Armin being felt up by the creepy guard inside. "Yikes, poor Armin," I commented.

"I know right," Connie replied. A few moments later, Mikasa was in there taking out the guard. Then, four men came in after, and she took them all out with ease.

"Connie, (Y/N), is that really all of them?" Mikasa asked looking up at us.

"Yeah, that's all of them!" Connie answered.

"Alright, first we get these guys secured, then we meet up with the captain. Those are his orders," Mikasa informed us. We tied the men up, and went outside to look for the others.

"I hear gunshots," Sasha cried as we stood on the rooftops.

"Do you think they ran into some trouble?" Jean asked.

"It's likely," Mikasa answered. "The captain gave me a message. As of now, it's not just titans. We're fighting humans too."

Before any of us could ask questions, she took off toward the action. I immediately followed, and then the others did too. 'Great, does this mean I'm gonna have to kill someone... again?' I thought to myself as I instantly remembered the man that I had killed when I was younger. 'I'll do what I have to, but I hope it doesn't come to that' I mentally prepared myself for what was about to come. When we reached the wagon, we saw Levi being shot at by a man with some gear I'd never seen before. Levi dodged the bullets, slashing the man down in the process. Once he saw us, he paused to wait for us.

"Follow the wagon," he ordered. "Listen up! These soldiers were trained to fight other people. They've already taken out three of ours. If you hesitate for so much as a second, you'll be dead. The moment you see an opening, go for the kill."

"Yes, sir," Mikasa and I agreed.

Levi proceeded to take out one of the people guarding the wagon. "Armin, Jean, secure the wagon!" he ordered. "We'll keep you two covered."

They took back control of the wagon, but Jean was easily disarmed by the woman who had been driving it because he hesitated to kill her. She stood up and held the gun at his head. Before the rest of us could do anything, Armin went for the kill. He shot her in the head, killing her. Before we had time to react, three more soldiers came from behind, ready to shoot Armin and Jean. Levi grabbed Jean, and I managed to grab Armin just before they were shot. Unfortunately, they managed to take Eren and Historia away. Mikasa tried to follow, but Levi stopped her. They were struggling as he held her back.

"(Y/N)? You're bleeding!" Sasha exclaimed, looking down at my shirt.

"What?" I said as I looked down and saw that there was blood all over my side. 'Is this... mine?' I thought as I reached my hand down to the spot. Sure enough, I had a gash on the side of my stomach. 'When did this happen?' I thought as I brought my hand back up to my sight. I stared at the blood for a moment, then I started feeling dizzy. I could feel myself falling as I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, I was in a bed some place I didn't recognize. "Oh good, (Y/N), you're finally up." I turned to see that Levi was sitting on a chair beside the bed.

I tried to sit up, but was immediately reminded of my wound when I tried to do so. "Ow," I groaned, feeling the pain in my side.

"You really shouldn't move too much," Levi said in response to my pain.

"What the hell happened?" I asked as I laid back down.

"Seems as though you were grazed by a bullet during the fight. I had to stitch you back up," Levi informed.

"Oh, well... thanks."

"You're welcome. The wound wasn't too bad. I'm just glad you're okay." I gave him a smile in response, and then he continued, "Now that we're alone..."

He was caught by surprise when I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him toward me for a kiss, but before we could lock lips, we were interrupted for the third time by a knock.

"Captain Levi, sir, everything is set up now," we were interrupted yet again by Jean the horse boy. I sighed audibly in frustration as Levi got up to answer the door. "Oh, (Y/N), you're up!" he said as he could see me from the doorway.

"I'll be down in a minute," Levi said to Jean before slamming the door shut. He came back over to me quickly, saying "now, back to where we left off." He cupped his hands around my face and went in for the kiss. Our lips finally met. I wrapped one arm around his head to rest my hand on his hair, and the other around his torso as we made out passionately.