Eventually

Cyrus groaned, he didn't know what time it was or how he ended up directly under a skylight, but he did know that he didn't want to get out of bed. He breathed in deeply only to be hit with a pulsing headache, he rolled over into the pillow. He fell back to sleep.

When he opened his eyes again, the light was twice as harsh as before. He rolled onto his side and was met with one of Tj's black and white movie posters, this one read Masculin Féminin above French words Cyrus didn't understand. He was in Tj's room, he had seen him at his messiest and he didn't abandon him. Cyrus grinned at the thought. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, Cyrus then realized that he was still in his dress shirt. He sighed and looked around the room, his eyes landed on a neatly folded pile of clothes at the foot of the bed. He dragged himself to the pile and picked up the note placed on top. He opened it, it read Thought you might like these, meet me in the kitchen. The note was on top of a pile of Tj's hoodies, a towel, and a fluffy light purple blanket. Cyrus smiled and heaved himself to the bathroom to take a shower.

"Good afternoon sleepy head," Tj smiled at him as Cyrus walked into the kitchen. Cyrus sat on the countertop. TJ was scrambling eggs, he turned down his sad indie music.

"What time is it? I think I lost my phone." Cyrus still had his eyes half closed but at least now he was in Tj's hoodie and had a blanket around his shoulders.

"It's 2" Tj stood in front of Cyrus, he combed his fingers through Cyrus' unruly hair and chuckled.

"Post meridiem?"

"Yes Cyrus, pm," Tj hummed and put something in the toaster, Cyrus yawned.

"Where's Amber?" Cyrus vaguely remembered being put into her car yesterday.

"In her room with Andi, Buffy went with Marty and Jonah and them," TJ had glasses on again, Cyrus grinned at the sight.

"How long have you been up?" Cyrus rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Not long, and you didn't lose your phone, Amber has it." The memories of last night flushed over Cyrus, he remembered singing or screaming or both, standing on a table, and Tj kissing him. He blushed furiously, TJ noticed. "Do you remember anything?" Tj asked him quietly.

"A little," more like only the first twenty minutes.

"Here," Tj pulled out his phone and scrolled through his photos. He showed Cyrus a dark video of him and Andi singing a horrible rendition of Defying Gravity from Wicked, it was completely embarrassing, to say the least.

"Oh my god," Cyrus hid his face in his hands and leaned on TJ's chest, "was I really that messy?"

"Oh don't worry Muffin, we were both trashed," Tj showed him drunk selfies Tj and Cyrus took last night. They both looked incredibly gone. They couldn't stop laughing at each other, it was fantastic. TJ went over to take the bagels out of the toaster. He handed a plate with cream cheese, bagels, and eggs to Cyrus who gladly inhaled it. Tj leaned on the counter and looked at Cyrus very intently, "Cyrus," he said.

Cyrus's stomach dropped, did he look horrible all of a sudden? Was TJ about to dump him? "Yes?" he said carefully putting down his bagel. He was about to break up with him, he was sure of it. Cyrus had been trying very hard to look as happy as he could now that he was with TJ, but what if TJ saw straight through that? Suddenly loving yourself is impossible, but Cyrus was working on it. At least now he knew he had someone who understood him. He didn't want to lose TJ already, it was too soon. It was too new, it was still awkward. Did he scare Tj off already? 

"I meant everything I said last night."Cyrus didn't know what he was talking about.

"What did you say last night?" Cyrus wrapped the blanket tighter around himself.