prologue

" she died , she just

" she died , she just... she is..."

NOBODY HAS SEEN Natasha Romanoff ever this broken as now. She was crying hysterically, her shoulders shocking with every cry she let out. Even her partner in crime Clint Barton -who was rubbing her back gently- couldn't calm her down. He came out of his farm to look out for his friend. A big deal for him since he was retired. He wanted to spend more time with his family. But in this way; he never got to do that. The archer glanced over to the patriot who was standing awkwardly across the room. "Hey Cap, a little bit help here wouldn't hurt," he called out for him. Steve's head snapped up, and with his blue eyes who were filled with pity, he made his way over to the crying woman. He knelt down in front of her like every father would do for his child. But this time it was different. The vibe was different. The tension in the air was pressing and not good. It would make any human feel bad in a situation Natasha found herself in right now.
"Nat," he tried with a soft, soothing voice to catch her attention. It worked. The blonde looked down to meet his eyes, trying to wipe her tears away with one, bleeding hand. "He killed her," her voice was shaky and on the very edge of breaking. "He killed her."

"You could not do anything to save her. Lauren was a human, a brave one. Thanos is stronger than any of us now he has the Infinity Gauntlet in his possession but she still had the guts to fight him. She fought with honour and pride. She will be avenged," Steve told her while taking her shaking, moving hand in his strong ones.

Out of nowhere, Natasha pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. "Steve?" she whispered a question which he replied with a soft hum. "What am I supposed to do now? She's gone. She was my everything." Finally, her voice broke down. The man held her close, glancing up at Clint. They both thought the same thing. This was Natasha's breaking point and both Avengers were pretty sure there was more behind her tears.

Then, she blurted everything out. The heart-breaking confession came.
"I loved her. I fucking loved her and now she is gone. I couldn't even tell her how I felt."

------
AUTHORS NOTE ;
I guess I am just a sucker for angst, oops. I hope you all liked this introduction to the story. Please don't forget to give me any feedback. I could use it.
Anyways, thank you for reading this story even though I think it sucks.
I love you all.