chapter one

" she made her scarred body look like a temple, and her lips looked like the gift of a god

" she made her scarred body look like a temple, and her lips looked like the gift of a god. she was exquisitely beautiful. she gave my life purpose. but most importantly, she was mine "

~•~
DEAR LAUREN,
This is ridiculous. I am talking to a blank piece of paper, writing some words down, trying to pretend that it is you.
Well.. Steve told me to do this since it helped him with processing the loss of Peggy Carter. But I bet that -if you were here- thinks that this is ridiculously weird too.
But... let's give this a try.

Let's start with the first moment we met each other. How cliché.
It was during a fight against HYDRA. You and Barnes were two of the newest and most dangerous assets. The Winter Soldier and the Banshee. I thought you had a funny name. Because who had even thought that you could scream hard enough to blow our heads off, huh? All puns intended, of course. But you did. You did blow Steve and me away.You were beautiful, even with your mask. You reminded me of the Black Canary I saw somewhere on DCTV. I didn't even know your name yet, only your alias. And that moment I knew it, I just knew. There was no way to get you out of my head.

Later on, I discovered with the help of the S.H.I.E.L.D files that your name was Lauren. Such a pretty name for such a pretty woman. At least, that is what I am thinking now about you. I almost swear to a god that i thought otherwise at that very moment about you. Maybe that you were dangerous. That you were a threat for us and society or just another freakshow who needed to be eliminated.
But I was so wrong. So wrong.
You were a hero. A legend.
And hero's always get remembered. But.. legends never die, right?
I refuse to believe that you are gone for good. We will meet again, in this life or another.

All the love,
Natasha