chapter four

' i guess i just knew it from the start

' i guess i just knew it from the start. . . she was onto something. '
~*~

DEAR LAUREN,

Let's start off where our first plan to go against Thanos started. You know, that one day you decided to leave on your own, with permission from King T'Challa?  I remember that you walked into the training room somewhere in a place called Wakanda. Of course, it was Wakanda. It was THE beating heart for us Avengers to be. With the safest hiding spots and the newest technology made by Shuri, the sister of the Black Panther. You were with us for a couple months now. You and me, we were inseparable like Siamese twins. You got my back and I got yours. You were my rock, someone to hold onto when things got rough. Because believe it or not, even the famous Natasha Romanoff needs a push in her back to keep going sometimes.

And then you decided to leave, after being friends for so long, all on your own. Without telling me. I was so mad at you for a while. But then a thought popped up into my mind. What if you did go after Thanos, just to protect me from harm? Did you really think I was an angel? Did you really think that I was worth your protection? Did you really think I was innocent?

The answers are; no, no and no. I am not an angel, nor harmless and not worth your protection. I guess I was in your eyes something different. A friend, a partner, a lover maybe?

I remember your last words you said to me. I asked you before you left Wakanda; ''Hey, you okay? You're acting weird lately.'' You just replied in your soothing, gentle voice; ''Yes. I am fine. Just having a tough day. That's all.'' Now I know you were lying to me to protect me. I was such a fool to stay mad at you. You sacrificed yourself for us. Does that make you dumb, or a hero?

Well, for whatever my voice counts for; you are a hero.

All the love,
Natasha