chapter two

" i've got red in my ledger, and i'd like to wipe it out

" i've got red in my ledger, and i'd like to wipe it out. "
- "can you? can you wipe out that much red? your ledger is dripping, it's gushing with red. "

~•~
DEAR LAUREN,
Most people don't see (or don't want to notice) what is happening to our world at this very moment. It is like you did. Our world is broken, and a mad, purple thumb is trying to put it together by destroying every last human being on this earth like Noach and the Arc. But this time.. there wouldn't be any survivors. None. You understood what the consequences were when you got out on that field, all dressed up. Little did I know that you were fighting for justice, just like us Avengers do. You were trying to save the world. That was the point I got respect for you. Yes. You read it well. I, Natasha Romanoff, Black Widow, master manipulator and assassin had respect for you. How cute. Right? But now that you are gone, how do I ever live up to honor you? I can't become Banshee. I would discredit you while doing that. No, let me take that back. I would destroy your name.
Once a "friend" told me, (Loki was his name) said that my ledger was dripping, it was gushing with red and that I could not do a single thing about it to make it better. I should have to live with it. Of course, I knew he was trying to get into my mind but it still worked a bit. The damn god got me thinking about myself well. I murdered so many people, just because I was told to and never asked myself why. Maybe this was the reason why I never told you this. Maybe I was afraid you would see me as a monster.

But now I wonder, I wonder.. Would you have said the same thing to me? Or would you have said; "Nat? I don't care what you've done. I still care."
I am afraid that I will never know.

All the love,
Natasha