16

When I got back to the hotel, the room was empty and the entire building was quiet, a note was on the bed, I unfolded the paper.

Y/N, be sure to put on your dress and take as much time as you need to feel beautiful, you're beautiful anyway but I know you might want to put that makeup stuff on your face, if you go to the front desk and ask for your car it will bring you to me.
Love,
Yuri
X

I smiled at the note before putting down the bag with the dress and heading for a shower, I scrubbed myself clean, styled my h/c hair and opened up the box to reveal my gown. The girls I was with insisted on a black dress that went to just above my ankles, paired with black heels and a black bag and I'd reluctantly agreed. I had no idea how I'd walk.

I slipped on my clothes and headed to the front desk where a man in a suit greeted me, "Miss L/N, follow me to your car." I followed him to a car with blacked out windows and watched Japan go by as we drove. "Ah, a lucky lady you are, that young gentleman of yours is head over heels."
"I will be too if I fall over." I joked, "I love him too, he treats me so well." We pulled up to an expensive looking resteraunt on the seafront and Yuri was waiting for me, he smiled as I emerged and took my arm.
"You look beautiful." He greeted, I smiled shyly as he kissed my cheek.
"Why are you being such a gentleman?" I asked, he looked down at my promise ring.
"Come on."

He led me to a table decorated with a gold tablecloth and flowers, an old man stood as we approached. I smiled politely. "Grandpa, this is Y/N." My stomach dropped, I thought we were meeting back in Russia? Oh no. Oh no no no. I hadn't had time to prepare or plan or-
"Lovely to meet you, Y/N."
"Y-You too Mr. Plisetsky." We sat down and he looked me over, I mentally prayed for him to approve, if it came down to me and his grandpa, Yuri would have to chose family.
"Please, the name is Nikolai. Kolya if you may." Kolya, that was cute. I nodded. "Ah, are these the rings my boy was talking about?" He took my hand and examined the silver band, I flicked my eyes over to a happy Yuri, "They fit you well."
"Thank you mis-Kolya. What brings you to Japan?" Food began to pile onto the table, stews and sushi and shrimp platters.
"Well, when I found out Yuri here had a girlfriend, I had to make sure she was one of the good ones. It couldn't wait. Not if it affected his skating and career."
"I agree, he is very talented, I think I fell for his skating before him." I joked, Kolya laughed.
"I like her." He patted Yuri on the shoulder, "Pretty and witty, eh?"
"Yeah." Yuri looked proud, I liked being something he was proud of, it was a foreign feeling, but pleasant, "She's as supportive as you, but I haven't tried her cooking yet."
"All in good time, eh?" He looked at me and I nodded, "Then she can cook for me."
"Of course. Excuse me." Yuri left the table, leaving Kolya with myself. My heart was pounding and I kept my shaking hands on my lap, out of side. Damn Yuri, did he not care how terrifying this was for me?

"You are a very beautiful girl, my Yuri did well." Kolya took a sip of his drink, "But I warn you not to break his heart. He wasn't supposed to fall in love with anything other than his skating." Serious talk now. Great.
"I wouldn't dream of it, he's so amazing at it I would never want to hinder him. His performances always stun me and I have yet to see him dissapoint, he holds you very highly and you can see that from practice to the moment the crowds cheer him onto the ice." He seemed pleased with my response as he eyed up a shrimp.
"Brilliant, my dear. Brilliant."

Once in the safety of the hotel with Yuri by my side, I removed the monster heels and let my feet sink to their natural position on the floor. It was honestly the best feeling in the world, Yuri shook his head amused as he watched.
"I'm glad he likes you." We began walking to our room, "You look absolutely stunning." We were at our door and he turned me to face him, one hand on my waist and the other on my face. Just like that I was transported to the first kiss, the magical feeling. The spectacularity of the moment. His lips met mine and fireworks shot through me all over again. It ended too soon and he unlocked the door, the cat pouncing at Yuri.

I headed to the ensuite and removed my makeup and had a shower to wash the day off of me, Kotya liked me, that was all I needed to feel confident by the side of the one and only ice fairy, the soft little punk, Yuri Plisetsky. I wondered how Yuri felt about all of this, did he find it as beautiful? I hoped so, I never wanted any of it to end. I got out of the shower, a mess of damp hair and fresh skin, my pajamas mismatched with big, fluffy socks. I could hear Yuri muttering from the bedroom, I wondered who he was talking to as I tried to make out the words but they all mixed together to make an indistinguishable sentence, I unlocked the door expecting to see someone but instead I saw him sat on the bed petting his beloved cat, he looked up at me.
"You see her?" He lifted its head so that it's large, unblinking eyes stared at me, "She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."