The Hot Doctor

I was feeling miserable at the moment. I kicked everyone out, away from me. Biana was happy to leave, Fitz unsure, and Dex put up a fight. But I was sick! I didn't want people to feel this crappy on my behalf. I hadn't thrown up in a couple of hours, which was good, but I was still coughing and sneezing all over the place. I was laying on my bed dreaming of food, yet trying not to puke at the thought when I heard a sharp knock on my door. "Who is it?" I croak. Instead of answering, the intruder waltzed into the room, "Keefe what are you doing here, get out!" I cry, my throat screaming. 

"Biana told me to check on you. Said you were being stubborn. And it's a good thing too, you look like death warmed over." He said plopping onto Bina's bed looking at me. 

"Ha, get out," I say humorously, not saying any more words than I have to.  

"Nope." He settles himself in her bed as if to say 'I'm not leaving and there is nothing you can do to stop me' which was sweet, but dumb. 

"Mental pillow hitting your face," I sigh. 

"no my mental hair cannot be messed up! How dare you! I may not be a real doctor, but that doesn't mean I can't look like the ones on the TV. "

He reaches up to his hair, playing along, making a big fuss of messing up his already tousled hair. I chuckle a bit, which causes me to have a coughing fit. Keefe stands to pat my back and gets me to sit up more, but after a minute I manage to cry, "bucket". Thankfully he knew what I meant and got the emergency bucket by my bed just in time for the little food in my system to come back out. While I puke my guts out, he held my hair away from my face while rubbing my back. 

"Sorry about that," I mumble after my barfing episode was over. 

"you don't need to say that, If anything it should be me. I was the one who made you start laughing." 

he gets up and hands e a paper towel to clean my face. "thanks, Imma gonna clean this now." I say, trying to get out of bed before two arms push me gently back down. Keefe clicks his tongue and shakes his head at me. "Ten buck says you wouldn't make it to the door before passing out. White has more color than your face. You are staying in bed. Doctors orders."

I don't argue with him due to pure exhaustion as he gets up and cleans the muck bucket. Surprisingly he is able to hide his disgusted faces enough times to not argue again. He comes back over afterward as sleep is threatening to take me under. I go in and out of consciousness as I feel something cool on my hot forehead and hear a worried, "Holy shit. You're burning up. where do you keep your medicines?"

I shake my head in protest at the mere aspect of medicine while I see Keefe pull out his phone and send a quick text. he must have gotten some sort of response, for he goes rushing into the bathroom, looking through everything, he comes back with a container of red liquid of disgustingness. 

"Hold on, I need to navigate through this ocean of tissues," he calls, while I keep shaking my head in protest, sealing my chapped lips closed in hopes of avoiding the inevitable.

 "Drink this and don't argue with me," Keefe says in a stern voice that I had never heard him use before. Nor have I imagined him being able to sound so mature. I feel his hand tilt my head back, and I slowly open my lips to have the worst flavor ever coat my taste buds, killing them in a slow painful death. I am able to keep the gaging to a minimum and keep the medicine down. He gets me a glass of water which rewards me with the sweet coolness to coax the initial flavor out of my mouth. I mumble an incoherent thanks as sleep finally takes over. I feel someone set the glass on my nightstand, and move to lay next to me stroking my hair until darkness is all I see.