Ro-Ro Row's the Boat

"Woah! Foster! Foster, Foster Foster! Wait up!" I hear a breathless Keefe call from down the hallway. 

I slow down my walking, waiting for him to catch up. Once he's beside me I ask, "What's up?" 

"Foster. Couldyoubemydatetosomething?" He rushed in a breath. uncertainty and vulnerability edged onto his features. 

"What?"

"Could you-um- be my date to something? Please?"

I freeze in my tracks. My mind goes back to the conversation I had with Fitz a couple of days ago, still fresh on my mind. My thoughts become jumbled and I start to hyperventilate inside my brain. Keefe must have seen the panic on my face, matching the panic on his. "I- I need you to pretend you are my girlfriend for the night. Please? I'm desperate and begging here!" 

My mind eases up around the corners of my panic, this was a fake date. I could do that. And I have also never seen Keefe so desperate and so unsure of himself, I couldn't refuse the offer, now could I?"

"Um... sure. Why might I ask?"

I couldn't tell if that helped with his fluster-ness or made it worse. He seemed to go red around his cheeks, the tips of his ears going rosy in color. "Well, I-um, have an older sister sorta. And she's having an event that I need to go to."

"And why do you need a date?"

"'Cause if I don't, she has something terrible in store for me. Also, I would be able to finally meet her husband."

"Um...Ok? And why would you want to meet him?" I felt like there's something more to it than what he was saying. 

"So I call her Ro, and her husband's name is Bo. And I created the Epic Ro and Bo's Adventures Series, that I want to recite to both of them." 

"I can totally see that." 

"Alrighty then. I'll pick you up at four," And with that, he left me in the dust. 

"Wait!-" I call out, but he has already disappeared.  What was I supposed t wear?

~~~ 

"This would look just absolutely scrumptious on you!" Bianca squeals, holding up a  dress a bit too fancy for my taste. It was a tight dress, with jewels encrusting the bodice and an extremely low neckline. and for the girl who wore collars and turtlenecks for a year, that was a big no-no. "Red has always been your color." 

Lihn saves me from her spot on the couch, "I agree with the red, but Bianca. Really? I don't really think that's appropriate for this sort of party." 

Bianca grumbles, muttering something under her breath, but nods in agreement. 

"Can't I wear something a bit more casual. Like a sweatshirt and jeans casual?" I plead.

Both girls give me an incredulous look and turn to talk to each other. Finally, we all agreed on a more simple, still red, dress with black leggings and combat boots. I wanted to wear my sneakers, but we finally agreed that this was a good compromise from the heels that I was supposed to wear.  (It was more like complaining on my part, and then realizing that we did not want to end the day with me in the hospital.) We put my hair up into a simple bun, that hopefully will stay in place, but considering my record with my hair, it'll be down before we even walk in the door. 

"I can't believe that you two are finally going out," Bianca sighs. 

"Finally? Wait, what? We're just faking it," I say. 

"I'll take what I can get," she says and saunters off into the other room. 

Linh comes to stand beside me, "I have a feeling that Bianca will be in denial for a bit." 

The Big BangOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara