The Music Store

The first thing Sasori heard that morning was Evelynn's alarm clock. The next thing he heard was said alarm gets thrown against a wall. Ah, what a lovely woman. He glanced towards her bedroom door from the couch. She had mentioned something about having to work today. What is it she did for a living anyways? Well, Sasori was going to find out today. The red-head, brat. They had gotten into an argument last night over art. She insisted that art is a performance. How ridiculous.

Again, he looked towards her bedroom door, only to see her storm out and into the bathroom. Yes, mornings are like a curse to Evelynn. This thought amused Sasori to no end. It would definitely be easy to torment her. He leaned back against the couch as he heard the water in the shower turn on. What time was it anyways? He glanced at the clock. Ah, six in the morning. No wonder she was in such a bad mood.

Evelynn stood in the shower, relaxing as the hot water beat down on her. Damn these early mornings. Today, she was working at the music store. Like most music stores, they sold the regular instruments and sheet music. Occasionally, when she wasn't working, other workers would bring people in for lessons. Usually piano. Evelynn herself had been taught by one of the families she lived with. An older woman and man. The woman had been an amazing pianist, and when Evelynn took interest, she happily agreed to teach her.

Evelynn had to admit, when it came to music, she was a natural. Preferably anything on a keyboard, though she was also musically inclined to the guitar. With a fairly decent singing voice, Gina often teased her. Calling her a musical prodigy. The thought made Evelynn smile. She was a realist, though. So, instead of focusing majority of her time on her music, she focused on her every day life. Mondays, she just worked the music store. The rest of the week she worked mornings at the photography studio, and nights at the music shop. Why the hell they waned a 24/7 music store was beyond her, but she wasn't complaining.

Getting out of the shower, Evelynn quickly dried and got dressed. She dried her hair until it was damp, then brushed it out quickly. She always did this. Just barely arriving on time. Ah, well, at least she'd get time away from Sasori. The red-head wrinkled her nose. Just who did he think he was, anyway? Ninja or not, he had no right to act like a complete asshole. Evelynn sighed. Not that she was much better, but in her defense she took him in. He should show a bit of respect.

Leaving her bathroom she walked into the kitchen and turned to him.

"Well, I'm out. Don't fuck my house up." Sasori raised an eyebrow at her. Again, with that beautiful vocabulary.

"I'm going with you." He stated bluntly.

"Like hell. I'm going to work. You can't go with me."

"Shame, because I'm going with you."

-Glaring contest-

Then, before Sasori could blink, she turned and ran out the door, making sure to slam it behind her. She hoped it jammed, and gave her enough time to rush out of there. Unfortunately, luck was not on Evelynn's side. As soon as she slammed the drivers door shut, Sasori was slipping into the passenger seat.

"Get out!" She snapped, glaring.

"No," he responded icily. Another glaring contest.

"You're a pain in the ass."

"I could say the same about you."

"Get out of the car, Sasori!"

"No, Evelynn."

More glaring.

"Fine!" Evelynn cried, and started the car. If she spent any more time arguing, she'd be really late. Not worth it.