In The Next Life (Axel/Lea)

Prompt: A normal day for Axel, wake up, do his mission, return to Castle Oblivion, repeat. What happens when he runs into a young woman who catches the red-head's attention?

Key: (Y/T)-your town
~~~

(Axel's POV)

Walking along the unusually quiet town of (Y/T), I looked around. 'Nothing here... ahh, I got time to spare.' I thought to himself. I truly didn't want to return to the castle right now, only to be bombarded by a bunch of idiots. Ever since Roxas left the organization, I've felt like the heart I felt I had, suddenly disappeared. He was my best friend after all. Not really paying any attention to where I was going, I suddenly felt weight on my chest and heard a small "Oomph!" Looking down, I saw a girl with (h/c) and (e/c). She was quite (tall/short). Reacting quickly, I wretch my hand out. "I'm sorry ma'am, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I explained, scratching the back of my neck sheepishly. She giggled. Not gonna lie, it was cute. My bright green eyes watched as she dusted herself off, looking up at me, and smile wide.

"No problems, mate! It was just as much my fault as yours. No need to apologize." She smiled. I grinned back. Suddenly, her eyes furrowed as she looked behind me. I turn my head slowly to see a swarm of heartless surrounding us. Wasting no time, I summoned my chakrams, getting in a protective stance. I hear her giggle slightly behind me. Raising an eyebrow, I turn my head to face her. My eyes widen a bit as a glowing keyblade appears in her dominant hand. 'A wielder!?' I thought frantically.

"No worries, mate. This ain't my first rundown with these creatures." She admitted cockily. I watch as her left foot dug into the ground as she launched herself at the heartless. Pushing my own thoughts aside, I join her into battling the heartless.
~~~~

After all the heartless were defeated, I looked her in her bright (e/c) eyes. "You're a keyblade wielder?" I asked. Smirking, she nodded her head. "And you're part of the organization... Axel." My eyes widened. "How do you know my name!?" Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms. "You aren't very... quiet when it comes to introductions. I've seen you around town. Also, yes, I'm a keyblade wielder. Therefore, I have the right to know about the organization." Nodding my head slowly, I searched her eyes for any lies. None. I sigh. "Since you already know my name, what about you, doll face?" I smirked. A light blush erupted across her features. "(Y/N).... my name is (Y/N), handsome." Now it was her turn to smirk. Oooh, I like her.
~~~Time Skip~~~
(Your POV)

It's been three months since I met Axel. I have to admit, I'm slowly falling for him. I know he's a nobody, and nobodies can't really... feel. It hurt, yeah, but I can't help who I fall for. I sat on the clock tower's edge waiting for Axel. This was our usual spot. We usually meet up here a few times a week to eat sea-salt ice cream. You'd be surprised! It's actually really tasty!

I kick my feet back and forth as a shadow emerges from the dark corner. A small smile adorns my features as I see the fiery red-head pull his hood down. He looks at me and smiles back. I reach my hand towards him, handing him his ice cream. He takes the seat to my right and behind to munch away. I look at my hands, sighing. I don't understand why I had to fall for him. He couldn't love me back...

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt an unusually warm hand cover mine. My head snaps to the right, looking at our intertwined hands. I feel someone lay their head on my shoulder. Why was he being affectionate like this?

"(Y/N)... I know that nobodies shouldn't feel... well, anything. However... I can't help this feeling when I'm with you. You make me feel like I have a heart. Where my heart would be, it feels like... butterflies. I don't know, but I think I'm falling for you." He explained, nuzzling his nose into my hoodie. My eyes were wide, hands beginning to sweat. Surely I'm hallucinating? "A-Axel..." I whisper.

"I thought it was the best time to tell you. I'm quitting the organization, and if they find me, I'm done for." He smiled sadly. "If I make it, I'll come back to you. If not..." he stops for a moment, placing his hand on my cheek. He had a habit of doing this. He loved to feel "true, human warmth." Not that I minded. I felt his thumb caress my cheek, slowly moving to fumble with my bottom lip. "If I don't return to you, then I didn't make it. I wanted to tell you I loved you before I left." He whispered, eyes flickering to my lips. I lean in slowly, brushing my lips against his, before letting out a small, shaky breath. "Let's meet again in the next life, then... if you don't make it..." I whisper, closing my eyes and leaning into his lips. I feel his lips move against mine, his hand moving to the back of my head to deepen the kiss. He lets out a shaky groan, leaning closer into me. Before I can stop them, tears slowly begin to fall. Much to my surprise, he had tears of his own falling. As our tears mixed together as one, our lips slowly parted.

Taking a small breath before leaning back into his lips. I feel his hand grab my chin, pulling down to part my lips. Feeling his tongue brush against my teeth to my own tongue, I blush deeply. As our tongues' danced to their own rhythm, our tears mingled together. After a while, we slowly pulled away, out of breath.

Hearing him give a shaky laugh, we lock eyes. "Silly... just because you have a next life... doesn't mean I will..."
~~~