Chapter 2 (Those Eyes)

I'm driving like a mad woman in the streets, there isn't much traffic because it's late in the night but I ain't stopping for red lights or stop signs, I just need to get to Michael Langdon. I feel the pull is getting stronger with every light passing by with every swerve past a random late night driver.

I take a sharp right turn and instantly felt my body buzzing and my heart pounding, I found him.  I see a large house with many small framed windows and a large doorway with a large wooden door.  The grass is overgrown and nature is taking it's claim on the large house. I park my bike in the front, removing my helmet attaching it to the handlebar. I stare up at the windows searching for those blue eyes.

I see nothing.

I don't see anything but dark windows.
This house doesn't feel like a home, it is not inviting. It screams, stay away. Why would Michael be here? Does anyone even live here? I walk up to the door with slow steps, I am hesitating because I feel like I'm suffocating in the chaos this house radiates. I raise my hand to knock when suddenly the door swings open by an unseen force.

"Hello?" I ask as I step inside and the door slams behind me making me jump.  The house was dark when the door flung open and I stepped inside but suddenly the lights are turned on in an instant which makes me swear under my breath.

"Who are you?" A sleepy voice says coming from my left side. I feel the hairs on my body rise as I turn my head to come face to face with the blue eyes from my vision. Michael is standing at the top of the stairs, staring down at me with a light smirk and those eyes. Seeing those eyes in my vision was one thing but in person those eyes were stunning and told a long troubled story. There was pain, heartache and something more sinister. This boy had power and I don't even think he knew it. This was my chance to save this boy from that sinister being behind those eyes. 

I wasn't exactly prepared for this part. What would I say? I'm Angel, your protector. That might confuse him and push him away. As I went to open my mouth he spoke before me.

"Are you here for me? Because something tells me that you are." He stated while looking down at me.

"Yes, I am here for you. My name is Angel and I am here to protect you"

"Protect me from what?" He asked as he now made his way down the stairs to stand on the last step with his left hand resting on the staircase post. For a second I saw hope flicker in his eyes, then it was gone. This boy knows pain more than most. I took a couple steps towards Michael, enough to keep our distance but close enough so that I could see his facial features and stare deep into his eyes.

He asked me once again, "Protect me from what Angel?".

"From everything Michael, including yourself".

AUTHORS NOTE:
This chapter is a bit short and I'm still getting the hang of this thing called writing.