Chapter 9 (Lie)

Mead POV

"You can call me Miriam, Miriam Mead."

"It's nice to meet you Ms.Mead." He handed me back the can of beans and turned back to the cashier to pay. He turned back to wave and began to walk out of the store.  Now is my chance.

"Wait! Wait!" I was was running behind Michael trying to get his attention. Michael stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. "Can I help you," he asked.

"Yes, you can. Would you like to have coffee, I'd like some company." She looked at Michael doing the best she could to play sweet old woman. "I have groceries and I don't want them to spoil. I should be heading back now. If I run into you again then I will accompany you, have a good day."

Shit, this is a perfect opportunity I can't let it go to waste. I blurted the first thing that came to mine. "I know your mother."  Lie.  This was part of my plan, I didn't except it to go this way  but I needed to run with it. His eyes widened in shock.

I've got him.

"You know Vivian?" He was now looking at me with pleading eyes. He was curious and wanted to know more. I was just happy he said her name, I had no clue who his mother was. At the house there was nothing to indicate he even had a mother. All I found was birthday card which is were I learned his name and it was from his grandmother, who I guessed was no longer around. "Yes, in fact I'm your grandma, I'm her mother,I have been looking all over for you." He looked so confused and lost at this moment. He no longer looked like a man, he looked like a boy.

"Your lying." Is all he said and turned to walk away.  This is not what I expected. One second I had him and now he was walking away.

"Michael please." With the mention of his name he stopped. I should have used his name earlier. I walked the rest of the way and placed my hand on his arm. "Just let me explain over coffee, you can place your groceries in the fridge so they don't spoil." I looked at with him pleading eyes.

"Okay,but only for an hour." He stated. We walked to my car and we both slipped inside. I put the keys in the ignition and put my baby into drive. We were off and headed to my new location, an apartment near by. The drive was completely silent and I knew he was aiming up with question to bombard me with. I parked in the apartment garage and we made our way to door 2. I was in the bottom floor for quick access in case that girl found me again.  I lead us inside and started to pour 2 coffees. I had already made coffee this morning, I was ready for this.

"Have a seat," I pointed at the table and handed him the coffee and sat across form him at the small table in the center of the kitchen.

"You have one hour so I suggest you start to explain." His eyes were cold and void of emotion. I like it.

"Alright well, Vivian is my daughter, we have different last names because she married. We lost contact after some years but after doing research I found her but found out she was dead and had a son, so I came for you. I'm sorry it took so long." I watched his reaction to all this new information and he just watched me, trying to read me.

"Look Michael, I just want a chance to be your grandma and to love you. I love you Michael." With those last 4 words, his eyes went from cold to warm and I saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes. I reached across the table and held his hand. At first he hesitated but held mine in return.

Bingo. I've got him now.

"My grandson, you are meant for greater things, you were born to rule this world in hellfire." He looked at me now confused but didn't retreat his hand.

"What do you mean hellfire," he asked.

"My boy 2 years ago I came to you, I had knocked on your door to find you and claim you as my own but that girl took you from me.  You see I am a believer, not in the guy upstairs but the one done below. After prayer I was shown what to do and it was to find you Michael, your the Antichrist and you were born to rule this world" He then slide his hand away from me and stood up some the table. He placed both his palms on the back of his chair and watched me.

"This isn't possible, I am good"

"Only because that girl took you from your path my boy, stay with me for a week and I will show you what you must do to rule. Your powerful with a simple offering to your father you can be the most powerful man on Earth. "

"Your hour is up, I need to go." He took the groceries from the fridge and walked out of the apartment. I walked behind to look out the window but he was already gone.

I had planted the seed inside of his mind and all I had to do was wait for it to grow.

Michael would be back.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Freaking Ms. Mead!!