Soulmate

Summary: Hoffs/Booker oneshot.What would've happened if she had gone to Dennis' place instead of Tom's the night after she was raped.
Characters: Judy, Dennis
Possible pairing: Judy/Dennis
Genre: Hurt/Comfort, Drama, Angst, Romance

Judy Hoffs was sitting on the couch looking through the window and clutching a small teddy bear. It was a gift from the one person who seemed to occupy her thoughts all the time lately. He never missed an opportunity to make her feel special and she was deeply touched by everything he did for her. He had practically turned her house into a rose garden and her desk at the chapel into a gift shop.

Her mind brought her back to that horrible evening after the rape when she had went to his place because she was too scared and traumatized to stay alone.

Hoffs stood in front of his door and hesitated.

She didn't know what had made her come to his place but she knew for sure that she didn't want anyone from Jump Street to know what had happened to her. They would find out eventually but right now the wound was still raw and she needed time to gather her thoughts before she had to face her friends and her captain. He was the only person who was going to keep her secret, she was sure of it. Not that she was planning to tell him, but he was an exceptionally smart person and would easily connect the dots.

Gathering all her courage and squeezing tightly her coat she lifted one of her hands and knocked on the door. Hearing his quiet steps from the other side of the door she mentally braced herself for his inevitable questioning that she knew was about to come. The door opened and she found herself staring at Dennis Booker's shocked sleepy face. He was wearing only boxers and for a split second her eyes darted over his muscular chest and arms. His hair was ruffled and was making him look way younger than he was. If it was any other time she'd probably feel excited but now she felt small and vulnerable.

"Jude? What are you doing here at two in the morning? Did something happen?!"

"No, everything's ok. I just um...keep hearing some weird noises in my apartment and I thought I could come and spend the night here if that's ok."

"Yeah, it's fine." He said, moving to let her in and closing the door behind her.

He took a blanket and a pillow from one of his cupboards but frowned when Judy reached to take them from his hands.

"What are you doing?" He asked and she looked at him confused.

"What do you mean? I need the pillow and the blanket so I can fix the couch for myself."

"No, I'm going to sleep on the couch and you're going to sleep in my room."

"No, Dennis, I can't --"

"Yes, you can. I won't let you sleep on the couch."

He reached to squeeze her shoulder but she quickly stepped out of his reach causing him to frown. Alarm bells went off in the back of his head.

"Jude? Is everything alright with you?" He asked, worry audible in his voice.

"Yes." But she didn't quite look him in the eyes when she said that.

When they made eye contact again Dennis looked deep in her eyes and was shocked to realize how vulnerable she looked. A bad feeling rose up in his chest. Hoffs was a person who didn't get scared easily yet here she was claiming she had heard noises in her apartment. Not to mention the way she had backed off when he tried to touch her. As a police officer Dennis' brain knew what was the most probable reason, but his heart refused to accept it.