Arranged Marriage To The Werewolf Prince -6-

I was in the forest at dusk. Skyler had asked me to find some flowers for a bouquet and I had no idea why I thought this forest would be a good spot to find the flowers. The forest was full of trees and shrubs, I never saw any flowers, but I continued to go deeper into the forest.

I heard a twig snap and growling. I peered from behind the tree I was near to see Charlie and Aaron glaring at each other. “You had no right to do that to her!” He yelled.

“Bite me!” He spat. It looked like he was shaking. Before I could realize what happened a huge wolf was in his place - the white one with the black patches. He snarled at Charlie.

“Charlie!” I cried.

They couldn’t hear me. Or they ignored me. Charlie’s form was suddenly replaced by a black wolf with silver markings. The wolf that comforted me here. I felt protective of the wolf and of Charlie, but I didn’t know why.

The white wolf pounced on the other one causing both to tumble to the ground and roll near me. I tried to break up the fight. “STOP! STOP!” I begged trying to get the white one off the black one.

They didn’t even acknowledge me. Was I invisible?

The black one took the white one by the scruff of his neck and flung him away from him. My eyes were huge while I was watching this.

I noticed myself nearing the fight, very stressed and worried about the black wolf getting hurt. The white wolf made an attack, but he had to get to me before he got to the black wolf.

He bite me leaving a mark on my arm and blood gushing out. I screamed in pain clutching my arm. The black wolf was being attacked again and the white wolf flung him near me. I pet the wolf, but some of his blood got on my arm.

A few seconds later this horrible burning sense washed over me and I screamed. Why wouldn’t it stop. It felt like my bones were being dislocated and someone was wringing me out like they would a wet towel.

I lied on the forest ground twisting and turning in agony. I screamed every so often. When my eyes weren’t watering I was able to see the wolves had gone back to their fight.

My wrist was burning, I tried to grab a hold of something, but there were no stray twigs or branches. No nearby bushes or trees.

I clutched my wrist and screamed hoping maybe someone would find me. I heard the soft crunch of foot steps approaching me.

I noticed they walked past me and through my tear-filled eyes, I was able to see her looking at the wolves shaking her head, her long curly dark hair bounced with the movement.

She sighed and turned to me, I recognized it was Skyler. She noticed my wrist and the pain that I was obviously in.

“Now you know,” She whispered.

Suddenly she disappeared and I was left alone in the forest to die.

I woke up in my bed gasping like I’d never breathed before. I looked around and realized it was just a dream. Actually, a nightmare. What did Skyler mean by ‘Now you know’?

Usually, I never had dreams or nightmares or I couldn’t remember them, but this was a dream I’d remember vividly.

I looked around the room and noticed Charlie was next to me fast asleep. He looked so much like an innocent Greek God, but I had to remind myself that he cheated on me. I had to get revenge.

I began to form a horrible plan in my head to do so. I’d need help from a person who knows him better than me or his parents. That’s either Skyler or Aaron. Since that dream, I was a little nervous to ask either of them, but I needed to do this.

Slowly, I put a hand on Charlie’s face and drew small imaginary circles on his jaw line. It looked like he smiled a little in his sleep. Quickly I was asleep again and I hoped I didn’t have another nightmare.