Arranged Marriage To The Werewolf Prince -7-

I woke up next morning and Charlie was still asleep. Our feet were entwined and his hand was over my own. I quickly moved away from him and got out of bed. I changed into day clothes because I had a plan that I needed to put into effect today.

I put on a white dress and put my hair up in a sloppy bun. As I left the room I saw Skyler in the corridor. “See anything terrifying last night?”

“Huh?”

“You were screaming,” She informed me.

“I had a nightmare, somehow Charlie was still asleep...”

“He can sleep through anything if he’s had a long day,” She told me. “Believe me, I’d be shocked if there wasn’t anyone that couldn’t hear you.”

I blushed a lighter shade of crimson.

“So what were you dreaming about?” She asked.

I shrugged. “I can’t remember now,” I lied. “I had a good dream afterwards though, but I usually don’t remember dreams or nightmares.” We made our way to the dinning table where King Vincent and Queen Makenna were seated.

“The boys are always late to breakfast,” Skyler explained. “They like to sleep in.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Later that day, Skyler and I went running in the forest. We stopped at a spot that looked like the exact location of my dream. Of course she couldn’t know that. I hoped she didn’t.

She started to climb the tallest, oldest tree in the area; it was an oak tree. She failed to climb the steep tree so I gave it a shot. I made it up to one of the lowest branches which was about ten feet from the ground.

“You’re like a monkey!” She noted trying again; this time she was successful.

“I’ve heard that before,” I chuckled. “Who was that girl... with Charlie yesterday? He said she was a maid...”

“Yes - That was a maid we just fired; she had always been like that around Charlie,” She cringed. “Her name was Marie.”

I nodded.

“For someone mad at him you seem pretty jealous,” She teased.

“Am not!” I said too quickly.

“I know you don’t hate my brother,” She said.

“How would you know?”

“I know things,” She said cryptically like in my dream... now you know.

“SKYLER!” Aaron called.

“What?” She asked.

“Mom wants you to help her with the you know what!”

“The you know what?” I asked.

She grinned ignoring my question, “I’ll be there in a moment!”

“What is it?”

“It’s going to be awesome!” She jumped out of the tree gracefully, something I’d never be able to do without hurting my feet. How did she do it?

I slowly made my way down the tree and saw Aaron. “Aaron!” I said slyly. “Just brother I was looking for.”

“Why do I not have a good feeling about this?” He asked.

“Please, help me with this!” I begged. “Please.”

“What do you need?”

“To get revenge to be even with Charlie.”

“I don’t know,” He hesitated.

“Come on, please!” I said using puppy dog eyes.

“Fine,” He sighed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We were in the bed room Charlie and I shared. “You sure he’ll be in here?” I asked.

“Charlie always comes in his room once he’s had lunch,” He assured me.

I nodded, “So before Charlie gets mad, sorry for dragging you into this.”

“It’s cool, I’ve never seen Charlie extremely mad, this could be kind of cool if he doesn’t kill anyone!”

I rolled my eyes.

Aaron looked like he heard something, he nodded to me. I felt awkward about this plan, it wasn’t that Aaron wasn’t good-looking. Like Charlie he had the body of a Greek God, but I felt like I was being unfaithful to Charlie. This was his little brother!

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head and my lips made contact with Aaron’s. His arms were around my waist and mine were around his neck. The door to the room closed with a loud slam and Aaron and I broke apart.

“Tit for tat,” I said.

“What happened with that maid was an accident!” Charlie looked like he was pissed.

“You didn’t seem sorry about; you didn’t tell me you hated it,” I told him.

He stood there like he was thinking. Aaron had already snuck out of the room nervous of his brother’s anger. If only I could do the same. When Charlie didn’t say anything, I went to the small bathroom in our room to shower.