Arranged Marriage To The Werewolf Prince -11-

Elena’s P.O.V.

The burning had gotten stronger as soon as I was awake again. I couldn’t move or scream for what seemed like forever. When I knew I could move again. I didn’t dare to. The burning was stopping. I felt a warm hand on my cheek. When the burning had completely left me, my eyes fluttered open. I saw Charlie’s sleeping form next to me. His one hand on my cheek the other around my waist. I carefully moved to get out of the bed and looked at him and it was like the world stopped and it was just him and me. Like nothing else matter; he was the one holding me to Earth not gravity.

I was mesmerized by his innocent face. I tore my eyes away from him for a second before noticing my new appearance in the huge mirror. My blue eyes glowed like sapphires almost like Skyler’s eyes like an animal. I looked stronger... less breakable. My teeth looked sharper and I looked taller. I was almost compelled to try turning into a wolf, but I remembered Charlie telling me it was painful. I went back to the bed tried to take a nap seeing that it was six in the morning.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I woke up again, Charlie was in the shower. I stayed in my other clothes and now noticed how clear my sight was. How clear I could hear! I could smell everything too!

I realized Charlie’s side of the bed smelt like vanilla and cinnamon with the musky scent of the forest. Did he always smell like that?

I blamed my duller senses from before for never noticing. I heard the water stop. Charlie entered the room a few minutes later in a part of shorts showing off his defined muscles. He stared at me as intently as I stared at him last night.

Something compelled me to kiss him so I gave over to that more animalistic side of mine ignoring reason. I was in front of him in a second kissing him passionately. He let out a playful deep growl. “I almost forget what it’s like to give over to my animalistic senses,” He murmured against my lips.

I wanted to blush, but I was so mesmerized by everything he did. A few minutes later we both pulled away for air. “You’ll have time to learn how to balance the two sides,” He told me.

“Why do I have two different sides?”

“The inner wolf and reason always battle it out. They usually don’t lead to bad thoughts, this isn’t bad,” He grinned giving me a quick kiss. “But I think I know why, your first instinct was to do that.”

“Why?” I questioned curiously.

“We’ve imprinted on each other,” He told me.

“What exactly is imprinting?” I asked.

“Where you’d be anything do anything for one person; you feel like your existence relies on theirs’,” He explained.

“So it’s a good thing?” I asked.

“Yes,” He smiled.

After break fast, Charlie brought me out to the forest to try to change into a wolf. I’d worn clothes that were older so it wouldn’t matter if they’d rip. Also, we’d brought a pair for me to change into after the other clothes were ruined.

Compared to the burning before this was painless, it still hurt - my bones shifting as I took the wolf form, but I tried to adjust by staying in the wolf form. I shifted back and forth a few more times trying to get use to the change from human to wolf.

Charlie had told me that my fur was silver with black patches on my face. It was the opposite of him. I changed clothes behind a tree; even though I was more beautiful now I was still self conscious around Charlie looking like a God. He laughed when I said I didn’t look anything like a Goddess; he told me I was delusional. Maybe he was just being nice to me, I couldn’t be sure with him.

We returned at 12:30 for lunch. During lunch, Queen Makenna reminded me the wedding was tomorrow so Skyler was having me stay in her room.

“Why?” I asked.

“Tradition - the bride and groom can’t sleep in the same room the night before the wedding; the groom can’t see the bride’s dress until the wedding!” Skyler giggled.

“But!” I whined.

“Nope!” She smirked. “I’ll make sure you’re well guarded!”

I frowned.

“Come on, we’ll do manicures and makeup and-”

I groaned, “Skyler!”

“I’m kidding, but you have to have that stuff done! Look at your nails!”

“What about them!” I said defensively.

“They are like claws,” She said.

I was worried what she had in mind for me, but I trusted her. All I hoped was that she didn’t make me look all dainty.