Letters

KLAUS' POV

I was in the kitchen, when someone knocked on the door. Briana had left yesterday, I already don't like this. I feel her loss everyday. The only hope I have left in me, is our daughter. Her eyes remind me of her mother's beautiful blue eyes. I walked to the door and opened it. "Damon Salvatore, what do you want?" I asked with venom in my voice. I didn't like him at all. he and his brother, Stefan, always plotted against me no matter the issue. Damon leaned against the doorframe. "I know you miss her. She told me to read this to Hope everynight, but I was thinking if maybe you would do it for me? Since Hope lives with you?" I looked from him to the letter he was holding in his hand, with my eyes. I inspected the letter to see evidence of the truth on the letter, to make sure Damon wasn't lying. I saw one word written on the envolope "Hope". It was Briana's handwritting. Tears fell down my face. I knew what she was going to do and I would not want her to go anywhere without me but I knew Briana. Once she Decided on something it stuck. I took the letter from Damon with ease making sure the paper doesn't wrinkle. Damon nodded and left. I closed the door behind me. 

I walked to the nursery, where Hope was in her crib. I said "Mommy wrote you a letter, that has to be read to you everyday." She didn't acknowledge me but I opened the letter none the less.. I pealed open the envolope and took the paper out. I unfolded the letter three times. 

"Dear Hope, 
I don't want you to think I chose someone over you or I chose to wuss out of a situation. I loved you very much and I want you to realize that every decision I ever made ALWAYS came back to you. You are my daughter. So you are strong, which you will have to be for daddy. Daddy doesn't always make the wisest decision but I know he will always think about you. I know people tell you he is a monster, but we know otherwise. Your daddy is an amazing man, he has just had a hard life. Be patient with him and always forgive him, he will always show you he deserves it. I am not sad that I could no longer be with you two, I found something most people would kill for. I found the one person in all the world to break my walls and look at me. I met your dad in a rough time in my life, but he saw me through it. Hope take care of him, he will need your strength and love to see him through what is happening around him. Just remember Hope, that I will love you and daddy, ALWAYS AND FOREVER, 

Love,
Mommy

Tears falling from my cheeks as I read this letter to my babygirl. I called Damon right after. I heard the rings then heard, "Klaus?" I then got quiet and put my brave voice on, "So are we going to save her, Salvatore, or are we going to waste time?" I heard him laugh. "I'm sitting in front of your house now. Let's go." I called Rebekah from the next room. "Yes, Nik. Can't you see she is asleep?" I smiled at her then stated "Watch her for a bit, little sister. I will be back." Rebekah turned to him. "Promise me, Nik." I had never broken a promise to Rebekah. I turned and said "I promise that I will come back to my daughter, with her mother."