That's the problem

KLAUS' POV

We were riding back home to Mystic Falls, Briana's head in my lap. Damon was the first to speak. He had those annoying tendencies. "Is she okay?" I nod my head. He just told me he had feelings for my wife. I hated this man. He would try to take my love from me and I would not allow that to happen. Briana only saw him as a friend. They had their moment but she is mine now. Everything fell silent as we continued on our trip. Kol and Elijah in the front and Damon and I in the back holding Briana. 

We were an hour away from Mystic Falls when we heard a gasp and I looked to Briana. I saw her eyes opened. I smiled. She started crying. "Klaus?" She asked. I had tears in my eyes as I answered "Yes, Love. You are safe now." She shook her head. "It's a dream." I looked at her. "So you have dreamed of me?" I grinned a little. My Briana dreamed of me and I couldn't help but be happy about this a little. She lifted her head and looked around. She saw Elijah and Kol. Then saw Damon. She hugged him and then turned to me. She kissed me. 

We made it to Mystic Falls and to the mansion I built for her. We got out and everyone walked inside and I grabbed her arm and made her turn around to face me. "I need to talk to you." I stated as I took her to the woods so no one, mainly Damon, could over hear us. We reached the middle of the woods. 

"Why?" I asked her. She looked at her shoes then back to me. "I needed to protect my family." I knew automatically that she meant me and Hope. I shook my head. "That's my job Briana." She smiled a little and touched my face. "I needed to do this Klaus. I know you wouldn't understand." I was getting angry by this point. "MAKE ME UNDERSTAND." I half yelled at her. I can see the anger in her eyes. I didn't see it often but I remember what it was like. "You have responsiblilities to the world, Klaus. If you die, Everyone I've every known. Stefan, Caroline, Damon, Tyler. They are all dead. And with you not around, I couldn't raise Hope. I would be lost without you." She would be lost. How does she think I have felt in her absence. "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN." I ordered her. She looked at me then to her shoes. "I think we need time apart, Klaus. I will take Hope and we will stay somewhere else. I can not be this dependent on you and your family. " She started to walk away when I grabbed her arm. "Briana, don't do this." She looked at my face and then the ground. "I love you, Klaus. But maybe that's the problem. I would die for you and it shouldn't be that way. I should only want to die for Hope." She pulled out of my grip and was gone.