Leaving

BRIANA'S POV

I needed to be alone with my baby girl to think for a little while. I needed to think about the explosive relationship I had with Klaus. How every time things get hard I wanna run? Or how every time he gets in to a little trouble I'm right by his side? But mostly I had to think about what his mother said to me. How she was going to use me to get to him. I needed to runaway to save him. I got in my car, after buckling Hope's car seat down and drove. I went to Elena's. It wasn't far, I admit but it was only a stop on my way out. 

I grabbed Hope's car seat that contained her and walked toward the door of Elena and Jeremy's home. I walked through the door and saw Elena and Bonnie sitting in the living room talking. As I entered, everyone hushed. So quiet you could hear a pin drop but their faces said what their mouths didn't. Whatever they were talking about was bad. I sat the car seat down next to the couch facing me so I could see when she woke up. I looked at Elena and said "Spill." She looked at Bonnie, which cued Bonnie to speak "There has been some talking amongst the witches about Hope." I looked at her with an annoyed look to tell her to continue "She is a weapon. She can be used to create hybrids, she will have powers beyond anyone can fathom." My eyes got big and I thought about all those warnings that Fin told me about Klaus. Were they true? 

I thought about how Klaus is with me. I shook my head "They are wrong." Tears were forming in my eyes as she said "The only way you will be able to make sure this child is safe from unspeakable evil is to leave everything behind. Get her away from Klaus and get her away from Mystic Falls." I look at her and drop to my knees. "What if I don't want to go? What if I want to stay with my family and Klaus and his family and you?" I pointed to Bonnie. She had a sad look on her face and Elena said "We will call each other everyday. We will set up a video date night for all of us. But please Briana, save my neice. Only you can do it." I shook my head. "If I could keep people from finding out about the supernatural then you and Jeremy would have never found out. So no I can't do it." Bonnie looked at me with the face that she knew something and would like to share with the class. She said "The prophecy, actually, states that you are the only one who will know how to help her." Help her? Help her with what she is 3 weeks old. Has this eluded everyone. I smiled at Bonnie "Sorry Bon but my daughter is only 3 weeks old, how could this possibly effect her." I turn around when I saw Elena looking behind me. I turned to see Stefan and Damon enter the house and Damon said "Good you're here so I don't have to look for you." He said as he walked by. 

Elena was the first to speak. "Is it true?" It was like my subject was dropped. Damon then spoke "She ages differently." They turned to me and Elena said "Hope ages differently. She will get older faster but once she reaches a certain age she will stop aging altogether. She will have eternal life." My eyes got big and then I looked at Hope. "You have to be kidding me." I sit on the couch and put my head in my hands. "Where will I go? Klaus knows about the lake house. I've never really been much further than that." I looked to Elena and had tears in my eyes as one escaped. I said "Will I ever get to come home?" She comes and hugs me. Damon came to us and put his hand on my back when he said "I'm gonna take you somewhere and stay long enough for you to get settled in. I've got a place for you and Hope." I cried into Elena's shoulder. I was going to leave everyone I love for the sake of my daughter with out knowing if I could return. My life just crumbled.