s e i

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update in forever! I've been working on a Johnnyboy animatic that I'm not super proud of, but it's alright.
I'd also like to send out a very special thank you to Ponybitc.h on the Outsiders amino for making this beautiful moodboard for this book! (It's the picture up at the top, click to see the whole thing) so thank you so so much, I really appreciate it!!

note: I did have a hard time deciding what to put in this chapter, since the meeting part of the story is over, but I'll wing it and figure it out, don't worry!

Ponyboy's POV

Johnny and I walked to the park together, smiling like goofs the whole time. I don't know how I felt about him not telling me about us being soulmates for years, I mean, that must've been hurting him..
But, it doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is that we know now, and we're happy together now.
Johnny grasped my hand, and led me over to a beautiful spot beneath a tree. It was shady, but we still had a pretty view of the flowers dotting the landscape, and the people running around.

I smiled as we sat down beneath the tree, with our fingers intertwined. Johnny ran his hand through his hair and I could see him smiling, despite his attempts to hide it.

We learned against the tree trunk and I sighed happily. Johnny set his head on my shoulder, and I rested my head against his.

We sat for a little bit, just enjoying eachother's company, when something popped into my head.

I sat up, and so did Johnny. He looked at me, probably a little confused. A knowing look crossed his black eyes.

"I know, you got schoolwork to do?" Johnny asked, already knowing the answer.

I reluctantly nodded. "Bet I do, Johnnycake. But meet me at the lot. 1:00."

He nodded, and i kissed the top of his head.

"Ti amo.." he whispered, his eyes widening as soon as the phrase left his lips.

I cocked my head to the side, confused. Even though Johnny was still teaching me little phrases, I didn't understand the majority of Italian.
"Hm?" I met his dark eyes, before he darted them towards the ground.
He shook his head and turned away, flustered. "Don't worry about it.."

I nodded slowly, knowing not to pry. "I'll see you at 1?" I asked, as I stood up from our spot.

"For sure," Johnny replied, with a shy smile.

"Alright, see ya then, Johnnycake!" I exclaimed, starting to walk away.
"Ciao!" He called after me.

After I'd returned home, showered and changed, I sat down in the living room. To my surprise, no one was home. Steve and Soda were out doin' whatever they do, Darry was out, and who knows what Dally and Two-Bit were up to.

That left me, alone in a usually full house. I used to think it was weird, but now I like the quiet. Like Johnny's always told me, it's peaceful.

I didn't really have schoolwork to do. Well- it's not like I lied to Johnny. I do have some homework, but not as much as we usually have. I just didn't want him to know what I was up to, just yet.

I'd been learning Italian, just for him. He's still going to try and teach me fragments, but I've been trying to learn some on my own. I'd taken a trip to the school library a while ago, and checked out a book on the Italian language, hoping it would help me. I want it to be a surprise for him, since Italian was his first language, and he moved from Florence when he was little.

Of course, he still has an accent, but it's not as prominent as it was when he first came here.

Anyway, I don't think you need his whole life story to understand that he's Italian, and along with a bunch of other things, I love it about him.

I cracked open the book, and began writing down phrases in a spare notebook of mine that I was using for all my notes.

I had until 1am. At 1, I'd meet Johnny at the lot and tell him everything I've wanted to, since the beginning of our 'friendship'. I just hope he feels the same way I do about us..

a/n: thank you for reading! There might be some mistakes cause I didn't wanna read through multiple times, so disregard those.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed and you have a wonderful day!