o t t o

hi y'all! welcome back to another chapter!

this one's a little iffy at the beginning but it gets happier later in the chapter

alsooo personal life updateee

I got my hair cut yesterday! Which is pretty exciting, since long hair is annoying to me. I also went to the eye doctor on Saturday, and found out I need glasses, which is a blast. I ordered my frames, and they should come with lenses somewhere Thursday through Saturday.

anyway please enjoy the chapter!

Ponyboy's POV

I woke up to a weird cold sensation on my throat. My eyes fluttered open, but my vision just wouldn't work. Everything was blurry. I turned my head, blinking desperately, trying to see.

After a few moments of panic, everything was clear again. Johnny, who was sitting against the side of the couch, (where I was laying) noticed me wake up. He smiled, a sad one, and turned to me.

"Hey, there, Pone.. how ya feeling..?" He asked, brushing his thumb across a part of my cheek.

I smiled for a second, opening my mouth to reply, before the pain came tearing through my thoughts.

I hissed, sitting up and clutching my head. Johnny sat up as well, alarmed. He wrapped his arms around me quickly, holding me close. I shut my eyes, scrunching up my nose.

I clenched my teeth, trying my best to ignore the pain, but it's all that I could think about. I let out a helpless whimper, as my ears began to ring. I opened my eyes, and I didn't know if Johnny was holding me anymore. I don't know, I couldn't feel it, I felt like I was floating.

I curled up on my side and held my pounding head. It felt like there was a hammer in my brain. Knocking on the inside of my skull, trying to break through.

I don't know how long I sat there, could've been seconds, minutes, hours. Soon, I couldn't seen anymore. It went black.

I woke up again, later. After my foggy morning head cleared, I realized I was in me and Soda's room, curled up with Johnny. He had his arms around me, and I had my face buried in his shoulder. My cheeks burned in realization.

The memories from earlier came rushing back. Waking up with searing pain in my head, what was probably an ice pack on my throat.

My throat.

In a flash, I sat up and touched my throat. It was all bandaged up. That switch must've done some damage.. at least it didn't pierce my vocal chords or something crazy.

Johnny sat up, running a hand through his black hair.

"Hey, Pony.. does your head still hurt?" He asked, worry clouding his anxious dark eyes.

"Nah.." I whispered, shaking my head slightly. I paused for a second, then collapsed back into his arms, sighing. He giggled slightly.

Geez, does his giggle drive me crazy..

He hugged me back, twirling some strands of my hair.

"I'm so glad you're okay.." he murmured, resting his chin on the top of my head. I was taller, but the way we were sitting right now, he had the height advantage.

I hummed quietly in response. Even though I had just woken up, it didn't seem like Johnny'd slept. Didn't feel like I had either, I was still exhausted.

We were quiet for a few moments, him playing with my hair, and me just leaning into him.

"..Do you wanna talk about what happened..?" Johnny asked, to which I shuddered. But I nodded.

I took a deep breath before speaking again.

"I was on my way to the lot, to see you. It was dark, and I..I didn't look before I went. The blue mustang was going by, but I couldn't see it. All I saw was the headlights, and I just.. assumed it was someone from around here." I swallowed, trying to compose myself. "S-so then.. they all saw me, and i.. started running. Figured if I made it over to you, we'd be alright.. Caught up to me.. I don't really remember what happened after that, but they had a switch. Held it up to my throat. Guess I was bleedin', or somethin'..." I finished, keeping my eyes down..

"Oh, Pony..I should've been with you, I shouldn't have agreed to let you walk alone at ni-"

"Shh, Johnnycake. I'm just alright, and you ain't do nothin' wrong, okay? You're perfect, you couldn't do a thing wrong.." I whispered, meeting his eyes. He didn't say anything, but he smiled solemnly and looked away.

We were both quiet for a few minutes.

"Hey, Johnny?" I asked, in a half whisper-tone.

"Mhm?" He hummed in reply.

"..Ti amo."