s e t t e

hey y'all! I keep forgetting to mention that you should check out my YouTube channel! I have 2 animatics up there, and I'm proud of one of them lmfao.

My YouTube is risoli, and if you can't find it, I have a wall post with the names of the videos.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the chapter!

Johnny's POV

It's got to be late by now. Ponyboy's never late. Something could've happened to him. 14 year old greaser.. out at night alone..

I never should've agreed to this plan in the first place! Ponyboy has to walk through the dark, ALONE, in a place and time Socs love to prowl around.

Sorry, sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me back track a little bit. Pony left the park, to go do his thing. It was probably around, what.. 5 o'clock then?
I hung around the lot for a little bit.
After, probably around 8, I went to Dairy Queen with Two-Bit and Steve, and tagged along with them to play football after.

It must've been at least 12 when they tapped out. So, I came back to the lot, where I am now.

It's gotta be like.. 1:30. Pony's never late. He's never ever late. Maybe I should check on him? But what if he shows up right when I leave, and he thinks I bailed?

Suck it up and go check, Johnny, I told myself. I dragged myself away from the car I was sitting in, and out towards the street.

I walked as silently as I could. I don't need any Socs noticing me. I did see a jacket, or something on the grass, though. Probably something a Soc left as a warning. I shook my head and continued walking.

My nerves started getting the best of me. The silence and darkness made me uneasy, and I began to jog, out of pure fear.

As I came up on the Curtis house, the lights were still on. I started to calm down. Pony's probably just running late. I'll talk to him in there.

I skipped up the steps and creaked open the door. Soda was on the couch, reading an article of a magazine.

"Hey there, Johnnycake." Soda said, looking up from his magazine. "Lookin' for Ponyboy?"

I nodded slowly. "Is he here?"

Soda shook his head. "Nah, he left a while ago. Said he was goin' to.. meet you..." He paused for a moment. "You seen him?"

I froze for a second. I don't want Soda to worry. "Mm.. No, but I know where he should be. Thanks, Soda." I replied, trying to speak up more than normal.

"No problem, Johnny. Make sure he's alright for me, will ya?"

"Bet you." I murmured, flashing him a nervous smile. I slipped back out the door and off the porch.

If Pony's not at the lot, and he's not at home, where could he be? The movies? No, they don't do shows this late. He could be at Steve or Two-Bit's places,  probably not Dally's, but still, I really doubt it. I started walking back towards the lot, the dark jacket on the ground catching my eyes again.

This time, I heard a groan come from the jacket.

I don't think jackets usually do that..

I began quietly making my way towards the jacket. It looked dark, but I still couldn't make out the color. As I got closer, I saw there was definitely a person in that jacket. Curled up.

I squinted, trying as hard as I could to see the color.
Purple.

Oh no.

I rushed over to the side of the person as fast as I could.

"Ponyboy? Pone, is that you?" I asked, frantically.

They made a noise, and I gently grasped their shoulder and rolled them over.

"Ponyboy!! Oh man.. what happened?" I asked, looking him over, basically panicking.

He had a cut on his throat, that's gotta be bad, bruises all over and a cut on the left side of his forehead.

"Let's get you back to Soda, Pone.." I whispered, gathering up all my strength to link my arm under his, and around his shoulder. I half dragged, half carried him as quickly as I could, over the cement and up the steps.

His head nodded forward. He's unconscious.

Oh man... What'd they do to you, Pony?