e p i l o g o

hi everyone! welcome to the epilogue of Yellow Roses!

Before we start, I just want to say I'm so thankful for everyone reading, and finishing my first book has been a blast, and honestly something I never thought I would do. I've loved this experience so much, and it's been a dream sharing it with you.

enough of this stuff, now enjoy!!

(note: I'll post a chapter letting you guys know when the new book is out💓)

Johnny's POV

"Then what, dada?"

"Then your daddy pulled out a ring, and he asked me to marry him. I said yes, and here we are." I said, smiling fondly at the sweet memory.

"Awww," She murmured, pausing for a few seconds. I already knew what she would ask.

"Can you teww me another stowy?" Gia asked, quietly, looking up at me with those almost-black puppy dog eyes she has. Pony still tells me they look just like mine, and even though Gia's adopted, she does look a lot like me. She's got light freckles like Pony, though.

I checked my watch. 9:35. An hour past her usual bed time. She always got me to tell happy memories and get distracted.

"Maybe tomorrow, honey. But it's way past your bedtime, and you don't wanna be too tired to go to the park tomorrow, do ya?"

Gia shook her head, and scooted down under her covers. I switched on her night-light and flicked off the light switch.

I bent down and kissed her on the forehead, whispering, "Good night, Giallo Rose."

"G'night.." She replied softly, as I made my way out of the room, smiling just slightly. I shut her door after me, walking into the living room and sitting down on our couch. I let out a sigh, finally able to relax for a minute.

The door opened, and Pony stepped inside, earning a grin from me.

"Hey baby," He said, sliding into the living room and giving me a peck on the lips. "I'm so sorry I'm late.. Soda and Steve sure had a lot of stuff to move in. And Evelyn was actin' up, too." Pony added, shaking his head as he sat down next to me.

Steve and Soda were getting their first house together, and their daughter was a little older than ours, and in her rebellious-little kid phase. They named her Evelyn because of their friend, Evie. She's the one who introduced them, and pointed out the tattoos. We named Gia 'Giallo Rose' because Giallo means Yellow in Italian.. we wanted it to be meaningful, too.

I smiled, leaning over and wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling my head into his shoulder.

"Don't worry, hun, it's okay. Gia's sleeping now, so you don't gotta worry about that." I could imagine him smiling, as he wrapped his arms back around me and rested his chin on the top of my head, after switching on the television.

"Which story did you tell her today?"

"She wanted to know how we got together," I replied, shifting so that I could look up at him. "She got me distracted again."

Pony giggled. In these moments we have together, it still feels like we're 14 and 16, back in 1965, essentially living with Soda and Darry, and dragging ourselves to school every day.

"I love that story.." Pony sighed out, happily staring at the TV.

"And I love you," I leaned up and kissed him, trying to hold back a smile best I could. My stomach churned, just like the first time we ever connected lips, 7 years ago.

"I love you, too Johnnycake," He replied softly, after we'd parted. Pony brushed his thumb across my cheek, smiling a satisfied smile. I smiled back at him, completely content with our life together.

After a few beats of comfortable silence Pony ruined it by whispering, "They say nothing gold can stay, but here you are."

I laughed at his joke, it was stupid, yeah, but sweet. Stupidly sweet.

"That's so stupid," I said, still trying to contain my giggles.

"Ah, but you're laughing!" He exclaimed, poking my cheek, which only made me laugh more.

"PfF, no I'm totally not." I said, laughing. "Two-Bit's humor is rubbing off on you."

"You bet!" Pony exclaimed, and started to tickle my sides, as I laughed and struggled against his hands.

"Babyyy, stoppp!" I tried to say, but I got interrupted by my own laughing fit.

I know I said it, but I didn't really want him to stop. I wanted us to do this forever.

I wanted us to be stupid together. So, 'til death do us part, I promise, Ponyboy Michael Curtis, to be stupidly in love with you.

-Johnny Curtis-Cade

the end!!!

I really hope you guys enjoyed this book as much as I did,, it was so much fun to put out every week, man, I loved every second of it.

truly, thank you for reading, and I'll make sure to let you know when my next book is out!

a/n: it's out! Lost & Found has been published and is up for reading!

Date completed: February 13th, 2019.