From the rubble

This is a little rewind, basically we're back to the beginning of the story just in a different point of view.

Deafening silence, that's all sugawara hear when he woke up, he was drowned in darkness.  He strains his eyes to see, but he still can't see anything, then he remembered where he was, where all of them were.  He  raises his arms, wincing when he feels a shock of pain spreads through his left arm, he feels around with his good hand.  His hand brushes against solid concrete.  He pushes up with his good arm and legs, he clenches his teeth.  The concrete block starts to move, letting a ray of light shine down on his face.   He gives up trying to move the block anymore than that after realizing that's how far he can move it on his own.

He hears voices outside, and he starts push harder.  He sees feet through the hole in the rubble, and suddenly the weight of the concrete gets lighter.  Soon the concrete flips over, revealing four other men.  Suga relaxes and tries to catch his breath, "you guys are a sight for soar eyes."  Oikawa slides down to where suga is lying and helps him up, brushing off any dust and rubble that's on his back, "are you hurt, suga?"  

Suga looks at his clearly broken arm, "kind of, but I broke my arm when the building collapsed."  Akaashi slides down to the two men and helps them both climb back out of the small hole.  Akaashi grabs a large chunk of fabric and makes a sling for suga's arm, "don't even think about using that arm."  Suga nods a little, "I won't, I promise."  Suga looks around at the group that got stuck in the collapsed building, nishinoya, hinata, akaashi, oikawa, and of course himself.

He looks around, for any signs of movement, seeing none, he starts walking the way he thinks daichi would've led his group, onto the streets leading out of town, "we need to find daichi and the others, I think I know where he's heading."  Oikawa follows suga, and looks back to see if the others are following, luckily they're smart enough to follow.  Suga continues to glance around them, looking for anything dangerous.  They're vulnerable in the open, and they don't have any kind of weapon on them.  

Akaashi stays behind everyone, making sure nothing can attack from behind.  Hinata looks around then notices some alleyways, he taps suga on the shoulder to get his attention, "uh suga?  We shouldn't be in the open like this, right?"  Suga glances back at hinata and nods a little, "yeah, that's right, but I can't find any cover so we're forced to be out in the open."  Hinata points at the alleyways, "how about we travel through the alleyways?  Those provide cover for us."

Suga stops, causing the rest of the group to stop, and looks at the alleyways, "huh, why didn't I think of that?  Great job, hinata."  He glances around then starts heading to the alleyways.  Hinata lifts his head a little, clearly proud of himself.  Suga looks around while he walks into the alleyway, he pauses and grabs something.  A crowbar.  He hands it to akaashi, "here.  At least one of us should be armed."  

Akaashi takes the crowbar and turns it around in his hand.  Suga continues to walk through the alleyways, trying to cover as much land as possible to reach the others.  The group only encounters one of the dead, akaashi takes care of it quickly, he is surprisingly very skilled with the crowbar.  Suddenly hinata runs to the open streets, noya runs after him, trying to grab him and bring him back to the group.

Hinata stops just before the alleyway ends, opening up to the street, "you guys have to see this!"  Noya stops next to him and looks at what hinata is so interested in, his jaw dropping.  Suga and the others jog over to the two shorter boys.  Suga stops and looks at the scene before him in awe.  White flower petals float on the warm afternoon breeze, reaching even the darkest corners.  Suga peaks around the corner to see where they are coming from, "Daichi.."  

The petals seem to be floating down from a building several blocks away, too far to see if anyone is on the roof.  Oikawa starts walking back into the alleyway, "we need to get to that building, the others might be there."  Noya looks at hinata, then rushes after oikawa, determined to find the others.  Suga and akaashi take one last look at the flower petals then follow oikawa back into the alleyways.  They walk, and they walk, and they walk.

  It seems to be never ending.  Oikawa stops and extends his arm out to stop suga from walking any further.  Suga looks at oikawa with confusion, "what's wrong?"  Oikawa turns to akaashi, "can I borrow that crowbar for a second?"  Akaashi nods a little and hands the crowbar over to oikawa.  Oikawa grabs the crowbar and cautiously inches forward to peak around the corner of an alleyway that leads to the streets.  He takes a deep breath and slowly peaks his head around the corner.  

He takes a look at what's to come and immediately rushes back to the group, "dear god.  We're doomed, doomed I tell you."  Suga looks at Oikawa, very confused, "what?  What did you see?"  Oikawa opens his mouth to respond but he's cut off when everyone gasps in horror.  Behind oikawa, coming around the corner is a large group of the dead, there are way too many to count.  Oikawa turns around and points at the dead, "that!  That's what I saw!"  Suga turns back the way they came and starts pushing the group away from the mob of dead, "move!  We have to go back!" 

The group turns around and starts running the way they came only to calm to a halt again.  Another large mob of the dead blocks their path to safety.  Noya looks around frantically then spots a ladder that leads to the roof of a building.  He points at the ladder, "there!  We can go to the roof!"  He rushes over to the ladder and starts climbing to the roof, not even checking if his companions are following.  Hinata runs after noya and waits for him to climb up a good distance before climbing up after him.  The last three glance at each other before running after the smaller of the group.

Oikawa is the next to climb up the ladder, followed by suga, then akaashi who makes sure suga doesn't fall.  The dead follow the group slowly, reaching up for them.  One  of them manages to grab akaashi by his ankle.  He looks down at the dead thing grabbing his ankle, he tries to shake and kick the hand off.  The things grip is too strong, akaashi lets go of the ladder, now holding on to it with one hand, and tries prying the hand off.  Oikawa glances down and sees akaashi struggling.  He yells to akaashi after telling suga to duck and drops the crow bar down.  Akaashi looks up just in time to see the crow bar falling past suga, right towards him.  He holds up his hand and catches it and looks back down at the dead thing still holding on to akaashi, ready to take a bite out of his leg.

He quickly swings the crow bar at its head, easily taking it off, resulting in it letting go of his leg and falling, knocking down others as well.  Akaashi takes a deep breath to calm down then continues climbing.  Everyone makes it to the roof just fine after that, however, Suga needs help getting on the roof due to his arm.  Hinata hovers by the edge of the roof to look down at the horde of the dead, "will they ever go away?"  Noya walks over to him and gently pats his back, "eventually but I think we'll have to travel by rooftop for now.  The buildings are close enough together that we can jump over the gaps."  Akaashi looks at the next building, examining the distance between this building and the next, "he's right."  

Suga is currently sitting down next to oikawa, catching his breath, he looks up at everyone, "we'll travel by rooftop, just until we lose the dead.  But we should rest here for the night."  Everyone looks confused until they look up at the sky and realize the sun is already setting.  They sigh in unison and sit down by suga and oikawa, agreeing that this is the best place to rest for now.