On the edge

(Warning: Suicide. I will put a warning when it starts)

The five men that rose from the rubble wake up from a very long, cold, and restless night.  Some of them couldn't sleep because of the moaning and groaning coming from the dead below them.  Others couldn't sleep because they were afraid of dying in their sleep.  Suga stands on the edge of one building, looking in the direction they need to go to reach their partners.  He wonders if any of them will make it to the hills.  He wonders how many have to die for them to reach their destination. 

 He figures that he'll be the first to be sacrificed.  Suga doesn't want to die, not here, not like this.  He wants to see daichi again, he wants to be happy again.  He wants to live.  He can't say the same for the others however.  He wants to believe they all will make it, but with how big their group is someone is bound to die.  Suga prays to whichever God is listening that all of them will survive.

It's a cloudy and dark day, the clouds heavy with rain.  Suga turns away from his destination to look at his companions, "we need to get going if we want to reach decent shelter before it starts to rain."  Everyone looks at Suga then at the rooftops ahead of them.  They slowly, one by one, walk over to Suga and jump to the next roof.  Luckily for them, the space between each roof is only as wide as an average person's shoulder width.  First to jump across is Noya, then it's Oikawa and Akaashi, then Hinata walks up and jumps to the next roof followed by Suga.  Suga takes a quick peak down to the alley they were travelling through only yesterday.  The dead are still wandering aimlessly beneath the group.  

Suga sighs a little then starts walking across the rooftops one by one.  Oikawa looks around at everybody as they walk, noticing them dragging their feet, how exhausted they look, and how they lick their lips, clearly in need of water.  He looks back at Suga, who shows no sign of stopping for a break.  He jogs a little to catch up to their leader and taps him on his shoulder, "Suga, we should find a grocery store.  Everyone needs water and I'm sure we're all hungry."  Suga pauses and looks back at everyone, seeing how miserable they all are.  He sighs a little and turns to face everyone after thanking Oikawa.

"New plan!  We're going to go down and find a grocery store quickly and quietly.  I'm sure we have traveled far enough that the dead are behind us, so they won't see us leaving."  They all look at each other, unsure about this new plan, but they agree to it anyway.  Suga walks to the back of the roof where the ladder is, he glances back at everyone then starts carefully climbing down.  Everyone follows slowly, Akaashi gripping the crowbar just in case he has to use it when he get to the ground. 

 Suga looks around for anything dangerous but, luckily, finds nothing.  He starts walking through a small alleyway towards the street.  Once he's sure nothing is around he leads the group to a nearby gas station.  Hinata finds a backpack lying on the ground, he quickly picks it up and shows it to  Noya, "look what I found, we can use it to carry the food and stuff we get."  

Noya looks at the backpack and gives Hinata a thumbs up, "great job, kid!"  Hinata slips the backpack onto his shoulders and continues walking to the gas station, happy that he could be useful for once.  Suga walks to the doors and peaks inside just in case any of the dead are inside.  Seeing nothing he opens the doors and motions for everyone to go inside.  Oikawa leads the way and  immediately goes to the water. 

 Akaashi goes with Noya and Hinata to find food for everyone.  Suga goes behind the counter and looks for a possible weapon.  All he finds are lighters and cigarette packs.  He sighs and grabs a few lighters and some packs of cigarettes, feeling bad because he promised himself he would quit, but these are stressful times and he needs some relief.  (Don't smoke kids, it's bad)

He walks around to find Hinata since he has the backpack, he stuffs the lighters and cigarettes into a smaller pocket so he doesn't take up too much room.  Oikawa pops up from around the corner and stuffs the bag full of water bottles.  Noya and akaashi fill the rest of the space in the backpack with food.  Suga looks around for anything else they might need then starts leading them out of the gas station.  He opens the door and turns around just on time to see a part of the ceiling fall right on top of Hinata.  The thing that caused the ceiling to collapse?  One of the dead.  

It groans and moans then notices the terrified orange haired kid beneath it.  It leans down and opens its mouth, ready to take a bite out of Hinata's face.  The poor kid is too scared to even scream, he just squeezes his eyes shut and waits for the end.  Akaashi rushes over to the dead thing on top of Hinata and raises the crowbar above his head.  He swings the crowbar down on the things head, taking it off.  The headless body falls to the side, Hinata's eyes snap open and he lets out the breath he was holding, tears now streaming down his face.  Akaashi helps hinata back onto his feet then rushes everyone out of the building just in case there are more of the dead in the ceiling.

Everyone walks back to the alleyway the came out of.  They all walk in silence, still in shock from Hinata's near death experiance.   Suga climbs up the ladder with everyone close behind him.  He sits down once everyone is up on the roof, "we'll take a break so everyone can eat and drink, then we'll have to keep going."  Everyone sits down and takes a water and some food from the bag once Hinata sets it down.  They all eat their food in silence, then without a word get back up and continue their walk across the roof tops.  

Soon the sun sets and everyone lays down for the night, except for suga.  He grabs a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, he unwraps the pack and takes out a cigarette and puts it in between his lips.  He lights the lighter and puts the flame near the cigarette, lighting it.  He takes a deep breath, smoke going into his lungs.  He puts the lighter away and grabs the cigarette in between his pointer and middler fingers, taking it out of his mouth.  He blows out, smoke flowing from his lips.  Suga does this for a while until he sees a small figure stand up.

(If you can't handle suicide stop reading)

Suga recognizes the figure as hinata, he sits up and he's about to call out to him.  Suga stops when he sees Hinata walk towards the edge of the roof.  He panics and drops the cigarette as he scrambles to his feet, thinking the worst is going to happen.  Hinata stands on the very edge of the roof, looking down at the cement.  Suga stumbles over everyone, waking them up, "hinata, wait!  Don't jump!"  Hinata looks back at Suga and the confused people behind him, "I don't want to die at the hands of those... those things, Suga.  I'm sorry."  Suga reaches out to grab him, getting closer.

Hinata looks back down at the ground and lets himself start falling.  The others finally realize whats going on and jump to their feet, screaming for hinata.  Suga jumps forward and manages to catch Hinata by his arm.  Suga is leaning over the ledge, holding on to Hinata with both hands, struggling to hold Hinata despite how small he is, "Hinata, please don't do this, what about Kageyama?  You have to live for him if not for us.  Please you have to help me help you!"  Hinata closes his eyes, "He might be dead too for all we know.  I'm sorry."  He starts wiggling around, making it harder for Suga to keep a hold on him, his hand slipping through Suga's hands.

He falls, Suga trying to grab him again but Hinata is already gone.  Suga looks down at Hinata's bloody mangled body, tears streaming down his cheeks.  Noya rushes over to Suga and drags him away from the ledge and pulls him to his feet.  Everyone stands in shock until Suga drops onto his knees and screams in agony, clutching his head.

Sorry that took so long, I had absolutely no time to get it done until now, finals suck.  But its here now, hope you somewhat enjoyed it.