Reunited

The sun is starting to rise by the time the small group of men finally get back to the rest of Daichi's group, orange sunlight shining on their backs.  The smaller group is still sleep, the light not yet reaching their faces.  The larger, reunited group jumps over the last alleyway and land lightly on the roof.   Asahi is the first to wake up.  He sits up and rubs the sleep from his eyes, that's when he noticed the people he assumed were amongst the dead.  He scrambles to his feet, his mouth wide open in shock, "what?  When?  How?"  

Iwaizumi walks over to Asahi and pats him on the back, "we went off on our own and found them, they were a bit of a ways behind us so it took all night."  He pushes him forward towards Noya, who stands awkwardly at the back of the group fidgeting with the backpack strap.  Asahi stumbles a little but catches himself, he glances back at Iwaizumi before walking over to Noya.

The poor awkward souls just stare at their feet, both of their faces a bright red.  Finally, Noya shuffles closer to Asahi and wraps his arms around him, burying his face in his chest.  Asahi takes a moment to compose himself before hugging him back, "I thought you were dead."  Noya shakes his head a little, "I thought you were dead too, luckily we were both wrong."

Akaashi pushes past his friends and over to Bokuto's sleeping form, he sets his weapon aside and kneels down next to him, "Bokuto, Bokuto wake up."  He gently rubs Bokuto's chest to help him wake up.  Bokuto snorts loudly and snaps his eyes open, such a gentleman.  Akaashi smiles a little and stops rubbing his chest.

Bokuto looks up at him, his golden eyes widening to the size of dinner plates.  He slowly sits up and lightly touches Akaashi's  face just to make sure he's real.  He smiles widely and suddenly tackles Akaashi in a bear hug, "AKAAAASHIIII!"  Akaashi yelps as they both fall back, crashing onto the ground.  He quickly wraps his arms around Bokuto's neck, placing loving kisses all over his face, "I missed you so much."

Bokuto nuzzles his face in Akaashi's neck, "I missed you too.  Please don't leave my side ever again."  Akaashi chuckles a little and gently rubs his back, "don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."  They both just lay there on the ground, enjoying being near each other.  Kageyama has woken up due to all the yelling, he looks at all the happy couples, looking for a ball of orange haired energy.  He walks over to Suga, looking confused, "Suga-san... where's Hinata?"  Suga looks at Kageyama, his smile disappearing immediately.

He glances up at Daichi then looks back at Kageyama, "he uh... he killed himself last night.  I tried to stop him, but it was no use.  I'm so sorry Kageyama.."   Kageyama stands there, stunned.  He slowly shakes his head and looks down at his feet, eyes wide, "no.. that's not- that's not possible..  He was supposed to survive so we could be together."  Suga wipes the tears from his eyes and takes a deep breath to calm himself down, "I'm so sorry."   Kageyama turns his back to Suga, "you should be."  He walks to the other side of the roof and curls up in a corner.

Suga looks down at his hands, tears spilling down his cheeks.  Daichi yells after Kageyama but he just ignores him.  Daichi wraps Suga in a hug and gently rubs his back, "it wasn't your fault, Suga.  You tried your best to save him, but he made his choice."  Suga grips Daichi's shirt, sobbing quietly, "my best wasn't good enough."   Daichi furrows his eyebrows and tightens his grip on his lover, resting his cheek on the top of his head.  

Asahi watches Kageyama put distance between himself and the group, he feels sorry for the guy.  They all feel sorry for him.  Unfortunately, there's nothing they can do to bring Hinata back.  Iwaizumi looks up at the rising sun, "we should get moving, we have a lot of ground to cover today."  They all pick up their things and start making their way to the edge of the city.  Iwaizumi and Oikawa lead the group while Suga and Daichi bring up the rear.  Suga sniffles quietly, trying to stop his tears from flowing, Daichi just holds his hand quietly, hoping his presence gives Suga some comfort.

The group travels quietly, staying on the roof tops for now.  Kageyama looks down at the walking corpses ambling around, wondering if his beloved Hinata is among them now or if he's resting in peace.  Kageyama honestly feels like one of those corpses below them, dead but still walking.  He didn't want to picture his life without Hinata, but now he's gone and Kageyama is forced to live in this cruel reality.  Noya tries to lighten the mood by passing around snacks for everyone to much on, Kageyama refuses to eat and Suga spends more time staring at the food in his hand than actually eating.

There's not much action today, the rooftops safe for now.  They decide to take a break at noon, sitting in a circle as they eat silently.  It's like none of them have any life left in them.

I know I know, it's been forever since I updated.  But it's here now so enjoy!