Moving Forward

Daichi rests a hand on Asahi's shoulder, "Asahi, I'm sorry.. but we have to get going."  Asahi looks up at Daichi with sorrow filled eyes, he can't form any words, he only nods and gets to his feet.  He hangs his head and walks with Daichi to join the group.  Asahi is about to turn his head to look back at the hoard of zombies to see if he can spot whatever's left of his lover, Nishinoya. Bokuto rests a hand on top of Asahi's head, forcing him to look forward, "you don't want to remember him that way, trust me.  Let's just get going."  Bokuto's usually cheery voice is now quiet and sad. 

The group sticks close together, starting to walk forward.  They don't know where they're going, all they know is they have to get away from the city. They walk up the grassy hill to see what's beyond.  Akaashi gets to the top of the hill first. 

"This can't be right.." He whispers in disbelief.  Bokuto walks up to Akaashi, gently rubbing his back, "what's wrong-" He looks out across the horizon.  There's nothing, no buildings, nothing. Just rolling hills. 

"Great, where the hell are we supposed to go now?" Iwaizumi asks angrily. Oikawa holds Iwa's hand, gently squeezing it, "we need to find shelter.  

"Where? Huh?! there's nothing out here for miles!" Kageyama shouts, "We're going to be stuck out here until we either get eaten by god knows what or we'll starve!"  

"Calm down Kageyama, this is no time to get all worked up. Oikawa's right, we need to find shelter. If we can't find a place, we'll build one," Daichi says calmly, he's trying desperately to keep everyone from panicking.  Suga kind of walks in a big circle around everyone, looking around. He stops and points west.

"There's a forest that way, we should go there so we have at least a little shelter," Suga speaks up.

Everyone follows his finger, seeing the forest he's talking about.  Oikawa walks up to him, "Suga, that's miles away, there must be something closer," he says. Iwaizumi smacks Oikawa on the back of the head, "Do you see anything closer shittykawa?" 

Oikawa yelps in pain and rubs the back of his head, "You're going to cause brain damage one of these days. But fine, we'll go to the forest but if I die from exhaustion it's your fault." He complains.

Everyone laughs, except for Kags and Asahi. They all agree to walk to the forest and are on their way. Everyone's on edge, they are in a new world, they don't know what's going to happen or what kind of monsters are out there. As long as they have each other, they figured, they should be alright. 

Sorry, this is a short chapter because it's kind of an in between kind of chapter. there will be more next chapter. Have a great day!