Moving backwards

Daichi jolts awake, quickly sitting up and looking around.  He can hear screaming in the distance, but he can't quite tell where it's coming from.  The scream sounds.. familiar to him.  He wants to believe what his heart is telling him, but his head is telling him it's impossible.  He wants to believe it's his Suga, he wants to go search for him to confirm that he's alive.  But he can't just leave the group, he's their leader.  A hand rests on daichi's tense shoulder, causing him to jump.  Daichi turns to look who's awake.  It's Iwaizumi.

"Oh, Iwaizumi, It's just you.  I thought maybe one of the dead managed to get up here,"  Daichi sighs in relief.  Iwaizumi sits down next to Daichi and looks in the direction of the scream, in the direction they came from, "You hear it too, the scream?"  Iwaizumi asks quietly.  Daichi stays silent for a moment before nodding, "I do.  It's familiar.  It sounds like my Suga."

Iwaizumi looks over at Daichi and stands up again, determination in his dark eyes, "we should go check it out, maybe it is him, maybe he's with the others.  Either way we know there is someone back there, alive and in need of our help."  Daichi looks hesitant, looking up at Iwaizumi then back the way they came, and back up at Iwaizumi, "but what if we're too late?  They could be dead by now."  It's quiet now, the screaming silenced.  The only noises now are the ones coming from the dead down on the streets and the voices of the two men.  Iwaizumi nudges daichi, "We can't just leave someone that might be in danger."

Daichi looks up at Iwaizumi, an eyebrow raised, "you just want to see if Oikawa is back there.  Fine, we can go check it out."  He stands up and grabs his machete, putting it on his belt.  Iwaizumi grabs his own weapon, bouncing a little in excitement, "of course I do, I want to see if he's alive."  Daichi nods a little, "I understand, I want to see if Suga is alive too."  Daichi walks to the ladder on the side of the building and starts climbing down, Iwaizumi right behind him, almost accidentally pushhing him down the length of the building in his rush.  Once they both touch the ground they start walking in the direction the scream came from.  They keep an eye out for any of the dead still ambling around so they can avoid reckless fighting or even death.

The other groups POV

Suga sobs quietly, the others still crowding around him.  Oikawa kneels down in front of Suga, laying a hand on his back and gently rubs it, "Suga, we should start going.  I know it's late, but I can't see any of us going back to sleep now."  Suga looks up at Oikawa then at everyone else, "I-I am so sorry... I couldn't save him."  Akaashi shakes his head a little, wiping away a few tears, "It's not your fault Suga, he made his decision, now it's time for us to make ours.  Are we going forward or staying here?"  Suga looks from Akaashi to Noya to Oikawa, then back at Akaashi.  Determination replaces the horror and sorrow in his eyes.  He stands up then helps Oikawa back to his feet, "we're going forward.  Noya, grab the backpack." 

Noya nods a little, not even bothering with wiping his tears away, knowing that the ones he wipes away would be replaced fairly quikly.  He grabs the backpack and throws it over his shoulders.  Noya looks over at Suga, "I'm surprised you tried saving Hinata with a broken arm."  Suga looks down at his arm and shrugs a little, wincing as he does so, "yeah, I was so focused on trying to save Hinata that I didn't even notice the pain."

  Akaashi smacks Suga on the back of the head, "while I appreciate you trying to save poor Hinata, you need to be more careful with your arm.  You could damage it beyond repair."  Suga stares deadpan at Akaashi, "really?  Out of all the things to be worried about, you're worried about my arm?"  Akaashi shrugs a little and starts walking to the next building, "I'm putting your well-being first right now."  

Suga looks at Oikawa who only shrugs then follows Akaashi.  Suga and Noya walk after them and jump across the gap between the two buildings.  Noya adjusts the backpack on his shoulders and keeps walking with the group, occasionally looking back where they left Hinata.  He feels oddly guilty even though none of it was his fault.   Noya clenches his teeth and keeps pushing forward, forcing himself not to look back anymore.

The four keep walking and jumping from building to building.  After traveling a few blocks Oikawa hears talking, he's about to ignore it until he registers that he's hearing peoples voices.  He stops, causing everyone behind him to crash into his back.  Noya looks up at him, pissed off, "What the hell man?  Why'd you just suddenly stop without telling us?"  Oikawa shushes him, which only pisses Noya off more.  oikawa grabs the crowbar from akaashi and walks to the back of the building where the voices are coming from.  He slides down the ladder, landing heavily on the ground, he cringes from the noise he made.  

He raises the crowbar in a defensive pose and looks around, seeing no one he starts walking froward, ready for an attack.  He approaches  the alleyway and is about to look around the corner when a machete whips out and stops just barely a centimeter from his throat.  He immediately freezes, the crowbar still raised, his eyes wide.  His wide brown gaze meets familiar dark ones that look black in the darkness.  

The machete is immediately taken away from his throat, muscular arms wrap around his shoulders, the voice he so desperatley wanted to hear now whispers in his ear, "good god Oikawa... I could've killed you."  Oikawa relaxes and wraps Iwaizumi in a tight hug, "Iwa-chaaaan, why didn't you come looking for us?"  Iwaizumi pulls away from the hug to look at Oikawa, "a building collapsed on you, what were we supposed to think?"  Daichi butts into their personal conversation, "wait us?  Who else is with you?"  

Oikawa looks at Daichi and points up to the top of the building, "the whole crew."  Daichi's eyes light up and he pushes past the two lovebirds and starts climbing up the ladder, only one thing on his mind in that moment.  He drags himself onto the top of the building and looks around, spotting the rest of the group, and the one he's been hopeing to see, "Suga.."  He starts walking towards him then breaks into a sprint, only stopping when he gets in front of him.

Suga looks up at Daichi with tear filled eyes, a wide smile on his lips.  Daichi looks him up and down just to make sure it's him, then he sees his arm in the sling, he furrows his eyebrows, "Suga what happened?"  He gently touches his arm.  Suga frowns and looks at his arm, "oh, um it broke when the building fell."  Daichi shakes his head a little then looks at suga's face, "I'm so sorry, If I had known you survived.. I would've come back."  Suga shakes his head a little, his voice soft, "it's alright."  Daichi leans down and kisses him. Suga kisses him back, not noticing the akward stares of his friends.

Soon Oikawa and Iwaizumi come up the ladder and see Suga and Daichi kissing.  Iwaizumi chuckles a little, "alright you weirdos, we have to get moving, you can make out when we get back to camp."  The two reluctantly pull away from eachother.  The other two stand awkwardly, waiting for someone to start showing the way to "camp."  Iwaizumi holds Oikawa's hand and starts leading the group back to camp, relieved that everyone is alright... Well almost everyone. 

Wow, I am so sorry that took so long.  I went on vacation, forgive me.  I think this chapter is pretty fricking rushed but it's alright as long as you guys like it.