Chapter 6 - Aphmau's POV

It all happened in a flash. Aphmau wasn't even sure if she saw it right. Did they really disappear? It was like in a blink of an eye and the two where gone. Her eyes glazed over meaning that some sort of spell or illusion had taken place.

She still couldn't wrap her mind around it. It was all so obscure. She knew that she should be more worried for Zane right about now like Kawaii~Chan, but she just couldn't help but think that they where in a whole new sort of world from when they crashed.

The aura, the people.......everything...it all seemed so much more......dangerous.... Aphmau snapped her vision back up to in front of her as she was whipped in the face with a thin tree branch.

She stumbled back blindly, trying to catch herself on her feet which she would have if a second branch didn't snag her dress.
Thankfully Aaron was able to catch her in his muscular toned.....ugh. not the time Aphmau.
Aaron helped her up like the gentleman he is. She always admired how noble he could be, it was one of the qualities that she knew always drew others towards him.

She ripped her eyes from Aaron's and brushed off her dress lightly. So much for renting an expensive date dress to save money. They'll never take it back now.

A small exasperated sigh escaped her lips as she looked back up to Aaron. "Thanks" she smiled warmly at him.

They locked eyes with eachother for a few more moments before dropping their hands and hurrying in the direction to where Kawaii~Chan had rushed off.

But it wasn't a long chase before Aphmau stopped to the sound of Aaron's voice. "Aphmau" his voice was little, like a murmur. Aphmau turned around immediately to see a very startled Aaron, his eyes wide. He had reason to be startled as a strange hooded figure had something to his neck. It looked like an old witching staff, one that was in a fair condition too.

This confused Aphmau. Nobody used witching staffs as weapons anymore. Normally people only bought those type of weapons offline for larping. Even then they would be replicas of the real thing and cost an arm and a leg.

"Don't move." The woman's voice sounded old, worn....familiar. Aphmau held her hands up. "Aaron" She whimpered. She couldn't bare to see him so terrified. Suddenly the lady turned to Aphmau. "Hmn....come closer to me"
Was the lady talking to her? What was going to happen? Where they being robbed? Where they going to die? Hesitantly Aphmau took a step forwards. She wasn't sure why but she had a feeling that they would not die. The woman leaned in towards Aphmau and grabbed her face, squeezing her cheeks. "My my. Could my old eyes deceive me. Is it really you Aphmau?" Aphmau's face lit up as she spoke. "Y knuw me nam?" She spoke with her cheeks squished.

The lady let go of Aphmau's face and took her staff from Aaron as she pushed her hood off. It was Hyria. As in Hyria, Lucinda's Grandmother, old high school teacher. She had a puzzled expression. Like she was trying to peice something together.

"Hyria?" Not only was Aphmau surprised, but she was also confused. Out of all the people she had expected the hooded figure to be, Hyria was definitely not one of them.

A dark, earthy howl erupted from the direction they where headed. It sounded almost ominous, scary...."Kawaii Chan ran that way-" Aaron's voice was painfully hoarse.

"Oh dear. I believe that some of my forest dwellers have found her. Come, quickly." Hyria urged them to follow her as she ran off towards the direction of the howl. She could run fast for someone so old.

The two followed close behind, soon making their way into a small clearing. Aphmau's jaw dropped in horror as she whitnessed a creature that she had never seen before. Branches and roots bound together in spindles creating a heap of a beast. It's shape resembled that of a wolf, there was a strange beauty about the creature. Aphmau was more taken aback because of what the creature had pinned to the forest ground. Her dear friend, Kawaii Chan.

"Oh my. She's friendly boys. She's in the company of Irene." Hyria spoke in a soft and delicate voice. Maybe her voice just normally sounded that way, actually. Aphmau wondered briefly by what Hyria meant when she says 'the company of Irene'. The beast lifted it's paw from KC as it took a few steps back and bowed its head to Hyria. "Oh. No no. Do not worry. It's quite alright!" Aphmau supposed the wolf was apologizing to Hyria, though she wondered if there was some sort of unspoken language between the two.

Aaron ran over to Kawaii Chan and lifted her into his arms. Aphmau ran to Kawaii Chan soon after and hesitantly checked her pulse. She was fine, but from the looks of it that wolf had really injured her. "She's hurt.." Aphmau looked worrily to Hyria. She had no choice but to ask for help. She couldn't bare the thought of what had taken place in the last few hours. What was she supposed to do? What is this place? Her mind ran with possible answers but nothing made sense. Nothing! "Ah yes. Follow me. I can help you back at my cottage."

There was only one thing that Aphmau knew was certain. She had no doubt about it.

This wasn't their world anymore.

_______

Picture by Aspen

Sorry it took so very long to upload. I've been on writers block with this. If you enjoy my writing, I have another peice on Amino.

My name on Amino is ǫᴡᴇʀᴛʏ
Follow me ^^ You will probably have to copy and paste the font because if you look me up without the font then it won't show. I am more active on there and post a lot more of my story content. Along with comics.