Chapter 7 - Aaron's POV

Aaron sat, his hands pressed into his laps as he processed everything over tea and biscuits. Hyria came to the rescue...his old ..teacher? That didn't make any sense though. Why her?

Sitting silently as he listened to the conversation between Aphmau and Hyria. He came to the realization that Hyria thought Aphmau was someone else when they met back in the forest, but upon further inspection she realized that Aphmau wasn't the same person.

Aaron wasn't completely sure what Hyria had meant about that. This raised even more unanswered questions for him. His gaze resorted back to his fainted friend that laid beside him. Hyria had healed her, but because she did, it would take a long time for Kawaii Chan to wake up. She was in a state of something like a magic induced coma. Aaron found the reasoning for this to be hard to understand. From what he could take from the conversation magic uses up energy. Hyria couldn't determine how long it would be until she awoke. She also apologized profusely for her creature having done this to their friend.

Soon enough Aaron came to understand that they would need help to retrieve their friend. Hyria wouldn't tell them anything of what they saw in the forest. She explained that first they would need to meet someone to fully take in the situation they're in.

"You will need to retrieve the lord of Phoenix Drop and talk to her." Hyria seems serious, too serious. It surprised Aaron. There /is/ no lord of Phoenix Drop. Phoenix Drop is just a place. This all seemed like a strange dream, like any minute he would wake up and be laying in bed next to Aphmau.

"We can't leave without Kawaii~Chan!" Aphmau leaned forward in her seat, that glint in her eyes. The one Aaron had always been so keen to notice. It's agression, determination....It only showed through in her most heartfelt moments. It gave Aaron life.

"I'm afraid it isn't an option. If you wait for her then you risk your other friends life." Hyria took a short sip of her tea, pressing the cup to her mouth. "If you take her with you then she will be a liability that may cost you your lives." Hyria was making quite a bit of sense to Aaron. He knew this was true. There was no way she could come along, not in her state. Besides that point, she may end up hurting herself through doing something irrational for Zane, anyways.

Aaron looked to Aphmau, her expression said it all. She was struggling, she knew that it was wrong to leave a friend behind. Though Aaron felt as if leaving KC with Hyria would be safe. Hyria hadn't shown any ill will towards them...Besides. Did they have a choice?

Aaron lifted his hand and lightly placed it on Aphmau's shoulder. "Aph...." his voice was quiet, calm. He tried to sound as reassuring as he could. Even if he had no idea were they where going or what would happen next. "We should go find Zane. That's what she would want."

After a moment Aphmau looked back up, her eyes glossy with tears. "Alright.."

Sorry that this one was short. Bug stuff coming soon!~~

~Writer Chan uwu