Chapter 11 - Aaron's POV

I don't really watch Aphmau anymore but the mystreet and mcd characters will always hold a special place in my heart :)
-----------
Aaron could hear the faint cry of Aphmau as he sprinted after the thief. He took no time to turn or acknowledge her call. He needed to catch this kid! Training his eye on the small figure as it ran, turning in front of person after person with ease

Aaron found himself rushing past many people without regard for them. He couldn't think of anything else, too worried about not getting that ticket back. They had worked so hard for these tickets and it had taken what felt like forever to get them. They weren't even sure if Zane was still alive! There was NO WAY that they could still have a chance to rescue him if they had to get the money for another ticket all over again.

Aaron had almost caught up with the little theif before the figure suddenly took a sharp turn into an alley. He almost fell forewards with how fast he tried to stop. He hopped on one foot before regaining his balance and running down the alley.

The thief was cornered! This was it! Wait no, she was climbing up a wall. Out of desperation Aaron ran forward and grabbed the thiefs...tail? She had a tail, it was white and fluffy and just barely peaked out from under her cloak. She gave a cat like yowl and fell back into Aarons arms.

"No! Leave me alone Mr.! I need this more than you do! Just get a new one!" She was struggling, kicking, crying, anything she could do to get out of Aarons grasp. "Give me that ticket! It doesn't belong to you!" He opened her mouth wide and bit into Aarons wrist with her sharp meifwa fangs.

Aaron cried in pain and dropped the girl. Her hood flew off in the commotion and she looked up. Aaron stared down at her in shock. "What the!? You!??" It was that little Blue haired Mief'wa Aaron always had run ins with in college and even after he moved to his new neighborhood he recalled! "Why are you trying to steal from me now??"

The girl stood and brushed herself off giving Aaron a tsk as she stared at him. "Why are you acting like you know me? I've never seen you before in my life!"

Her comment earned a shocked expression from Aaron. How could she act like she doesn't know him? They met so frequently and she almost always chose him as a customer to sell cookies to. "What do you mean you don't know me? Why you!-" She put her hands up defensively. "I swear I don't! I've never seen you before!.." She stroked her chin thoughtfully for just a moment. "Unless....you're a bandit. Are you a bandit?"

Aaron seemed apalled at the idea of being a bandit. Why would this girl even mention a bandit? "A bandi-" he shook his head, trying to get back into the track of thought he should be in. "I want that ticket back! Give it back now."

The girl pat her person, feeling her pockets and then her head for some reason? "Ah....ticket? I don't think I have something like that.....?" Aaron let out a low growl, like one a werewolf would give. He glared at the Meif'wa "I know you have it!" He grouched scornfully. It made her hop back and raise her hands defensively again. "I can't! Okay I just can't!" Aaron crossed his arms at her, really having enough of this and considering just taking it but feeling creepy if he tried. "And why not?"

She let out a sad sigh. "B...because my mom....my mama is probably really worried about me. I need to get home!" Aaron seemed to let his gaurd down for just a moment. "Uh...what? Where's your home?" He was confused, not exactly buying the story but at least giving some concern.

"Pheonix Drop. I....went..." She looked around as if what she was saying was confidential and couldn't be heard, leaning in with a suspicious demeanor. Aaron felt uneasy with that but he remained in place anyways. "On an adventure to slay the bandits of the north...." She leaned back, seemingly proud. "I did it even though Mom said I couldn't! Buuuut.....I didn't count on loosing all of my things in the bog swamps on the way here....now I'm stranded and no one wants to help me! Please Mr! You gotta help me!" She leaned in again, taking Aaron by the shirt and pulling him in as she tried to show her desperation by....shaking him around? A little agressive madam.

Aaron put his hands on the Meif'wa's shoulders and shoved her away a little. He was silent for a moment, seemingly in thought. They only had two tickets....but if what this girl says is true then she needs to make it on the ship...Aaron wasn't sure of what to do or how to go about it. Should one of them go speak to the lord of Pheonix Drop and help the girl home? Perhaps he should talk to Aphmau about it...

"Uhhh....this is getting weird.." Aaron perked up at the girls comment realizing he had been standing there for an awkward amount of time. "Alright, come on. He took the girl by the wrist, leading her out of the alleyway and back through the crowds of people.

"Where are we going? You aren't turning me into the gaurds are you??" She asked

"No. Just come on." As much as Aaron hated a thief he also couldn't help but think about a child being lost on the streets and that was much worse in comparison.

Especially in such a dangerous world of ghosts and goblins, magic of types Aaron has never seen and....well..
Bandits.