Friends to Lovers Pt. 8

Time skip

It's been a few days since everything with Eric happened and I had my talk with Four. I avoided Eric as best as possible and focused on my training. Xavier noticed what was up, but didn't force me to talk about it.
Tyler noticed too and just had to tease me about it. Ignoring him was my only choice, so I did exactly that. Except from that and a few fights I won, nothing exciting happened. Well, except that tomorrows was the last day of the first phase. After that the mind training, how Xavier and I called it, begins. Going through my fears wasn't exactly something I was excited to do.
Either way, first I have to win my fight tomorrow. And if Eric was still pissed at me, he won't choose a nice partner for my fight. I just hope it won't be Tyler.
"(Y/N)! Did you already shower?" Lucy walked towards Xavier's and my bed, towel around her neck. I showed her my wet hair, along with a sad smile. She nodded and walked to a free shower.
"So, ready to entertain the others?" Xavier grinned, playing a few chords on his guitar.
"I still can't believe that you learned to play that in Candor!" "Leave me alone, Erudite!" We laughed and soon Lucy joined us. She is always quick in the shower.
"What are you going to sing today?" Mia, a girl from Candor came over and sat down on our bed.
I searched my memories for lyrics that could describe how I felt, and I actually found a song.
"Hey, Xav! Do you know the song 'Torn'?" He turned his head towards me as he heard his new nickname. "Xav?" "Do you know the song or not?" I raised an eyebrow and he grinned at me, beginning the song.

I thought I saw a man brought to life
He was warm, he came around like he was dignified
He showed me what it was to cry

As I looked up, I saw Eric standing by the stairs, staring at me. Now was the time to show him how I feel.

Well You couldn't be that man that I adored
You don't seem to know, or seem to care what your heart is for
Well, I don't know him anymore

There's nothin' where he used to lie
The conversation has run dry
That's what's goin' on
Nothing's fine
I'm torn

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
You're a little late
I'm already torn

So I guess the fortune teller's right
I should have seen just what was there and not some holy light
But you crawled beneath my veins and now
I don't care, I have no luck
I don't miss it all that much
There's just so many things
That I can't touch
I'm torn

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
You're a little late
I'm already torn, torn

There's nothing where he used to lie
My inspiration has run dry
That's what's goin' on
Nothing's right
I'm torn

I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn

I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I am ashamed
Bound and broken on the floor
You're a little late
I'm already torn, torn
Oh
Oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah

He just stood there through the whole song, staring at me. I returned the stare and put all my feelings into the song. I was through with him, right? He was an asshole and didn't deserve me. But...
No but! He was an asshole, that didn't deserve me and that's that! Still, that feeling in my stomach remained.

When we woke up the next morning, tension was in the air. Everyone got ready and walked to the training room.
"Today, you'll fight against one another. The winner of each fight will move on to the next phase. You'll also fight against the Dauntless born. Depending on how many fights you won you'll get points. At dinner you'll know who made it and who didn't. Good luck."
The first phase was easy. I had to fight against the girl from Amity. Apparently she didn't lose her old factions way of thinking.
Xavier fought against Jinx, from his old faction and easily won. Lucy won against Neo from Candor.

  Beside us and a few Dauntless born, Tyler, Mia, Buck, Jax, Dante and Carry got through the first round.

The next phase proved to be a bit harder. I had the luck to fight against one of the Dauntless born, but I still managed to win.

But Xavier's fight surprised everyone that was present. He had to fight against Tyler and to be honest, it didn't look to good for my best friend. Well, until Tyler called him a weak and pathetic faggot. That was the moment Xavier showed what he could really do. Let's just say, Four and three others had to carry Tyler to the infirmary.

Lucy also managed to win her fight, along with Mia, Carry and Buck. And of course some Dauntless born.

It got harder to win from phase to phase. First against Carry, which was still manageable, but when I was told I would have to fight against Xavier, my spirit dropped. As if it wasn't enough that his last fight was against Lucy, now we would have to fight each other. And the only way to end that fight would be a knock out.

"Xav..." I looked at him, but he just grinned. "Now I finally get my chance to fight against you!" He took my hand and pulled me onto the mat.

"Might the best win. Be brave." Four repeated his starting words and we began.

The fight took a while until turned serious. At first we danced around each other but soon Eric became bored and told us to hurry up. Xavier grinned at me and I raised an eyebrow in response.

If he wanted a show, a show he will get.

We charged at each other, both ready to strike but in the last second I let myself fall to my knees and slide under his arm. While doing this, I took a hold of his left leg and tugged on it, making him fall onto his face. I scrambled to my feet and ran to him, receiving a fist to the chin. It threw me back but I was quick to recover. I got back to my feet just in time to dodge another of his hits. It took me a while, but somehow I managed to get him to the floor. Keeping his arms and feet down I got ready to knock him out.

"See you later, Alligator." He grinned. "See you soon, Big Balloon." I kissed his cheek and knocked him out.