Prologue

Lothal was by far one the most peaceful planets she had been to during her travels across the galaxy. It was easy to forget that the presence of the Empire was indeed here, and she knew that the Empire wouldn't stop with Lothal. The Empire would not stop until the entire galaxy was under their rule.

And that was why she was on Lothal. Hera wanted to do anything she could to stop the Empire from taking over innocent lives and planets.

Ever since she left home at the age of eighteen, her life had been dedicated to mission after mission in hopes it would stop the Empire. And her next mission was here on Lothal.

Like many of her other missions, she learned about this one through the HoloNet. There were others like her out there, and they let each other know about any new and useful missions, or jobs like the one she had today that would slow down the Empire's efforts.

Hera emerged from her ship. A VCX-100 light freighter, or the Ghost. By her side was her droid, Chopper. There were times she really didn't understand him, but most of the time he meant no harm, despite how grumpy he was.

"Looks easy enough," Hera said to her droid. She slipped her datapad back into her bag. "Steal a crate or two and deliver them to their new destination. We should be in and out of here quickly."

Chopper let out a grumpy beep. He wasn't in the mood for this today, but it wasn't like he had much of a choice.

"Oh, don't be like that," Hera sighed. "You know this is important."

Chopper did know, it was just sometimes he wished someone was helping Hera out on these crazy jobs others than him. He was too old and needed more repairs before he did anymore crazy stunts.

Hera continued her way through the city and its winding streets. No one seemed to pay her much attention, but she did receive a few odd looks here and there. She took it there must've not been many Twi'leks on Lothal.

She did however notice a few children kept their eyes on her. Poor things looked starving and exhausted. She figured that they were orphans or had no homes, and came here every day in search of food. She was a new sight for them. Maybe if one of these crates contained something edible she'd stop back here on her way out and help them in whatever way she could.

She passed the children and put her hood on as she approached her destination. She glanced back and forth to make sure no one was watching her. When the coast was clear she jumped and began to climb up to the roof. There, she could get a better idea of what to expect.

Once she made it to top she looked back down at Chopper, who currently served the role of lookout. Hera turned around and made her way to the other ledge of the roof. She kneeled down and pulled out her macrobinocualrs.

Just as she expected, there were the crates. And quite a few troopers too. Hera had seen more Stormtroopers before, but this would be the most she would take on personally. But she knew she could do it. All she needed to do was cause a distraction, and then hurry, grab a crate and run. All she needed was one crate. If all went smoothly this would be easy.

Hera continued to observe the area but was suddenly startled by Chopper's sudden panicked beeps. Hera lowered her macrobinocualrs and looked in the direction of Chopper who continued to make noise. She couldn't call out loud to him. That would alert the Stormtroopers and give away her position. And that would not be good. But the Stormtroopers were starting to notice Chopper's bizzare noises, and that wasn't good either.

Hera sighed and quietly made her way to the other side of the roof.

"Chopper, what are you doing?!" she said in almost-whisper. When she looked down her eyes widened in both surprise and fear. There was a child bothering Chopper and asking countless questions.