Chapter 2

Though the streets remained mostly quiet, they were becoming slowly more busy as workers were returning home after a long day out on the fields. Most of them walked home, while a few who were rich enough, drove their speeders down the streets.

Hera's guess that the diner wouldn't get any busier was very much wrong. The place was now mostly full and filled with life as the customers talked with one another about life.

It had been a while since Hera had to interact with this many people. In a way it was a tad stressful. Especially since she was moved to front to take orders instead of doing dishes in the back. It was far from ideal, but worth it to get a few credits and a meal for herself and Ezra.

She sighed as she placed two plates on a table. The two customers didn't even notice her. That was alright with her.

Hera walked over to a now empty table and began to clean up the mess that was left. It wasn't too bad compared to the disaster from the last table she did. Only a few more hours of this and she could return back to the Ghost and rest.

-
Ezra wandered through the streets with Chopper by his side. A few people gave him odd looks wondering what someone his age was doing out, but other than that, no one seemed to mind.

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Chopper asked. He was regretting joining Ezra. These roads weren't exactly paved and were not designed for droids.

Ezra sighed. "No, I don't Chopper," he said sadly. Deep down inside he was hoping he'd find his parents here, but it ended up being like every other planet he thought his parents could hiding on. Nothing.

Chopper grumbled and stopped as he saw two stormtroopers. He alerted Ezra and they hid behind stacked up crates. Ezra observed them and wondered what they were up. Nothing they were doing seemed too suspicious. They were probably just on patrol. Still, he got the feeling that he should follow.

Ezra began to walk in that direction, but didn't make it very far when Chopper accidentally knocked over a basket filled with fruit. Before he could go and clean up the mess, the owner of the stand came shouting.

"Just what do you think you're doing young man?" the owner shouted. "Thinking you'd get away with stealing my merchandise without getting caught? Well, you're wrong! Troopers, over here!

Ezra looked down at Chopper a tad frustrated and then looked back up. "But I didn't-"

"Those tricks won't work on me boy! I know you're lying," the owner shouted. They grabbed Ezra by the shoulder to prevent him from leaving.

Ezra watched the stormtroopers come towards them. How was he going to get out of this mess?

-

Hera was exhausted. It seemed like easy work, and it mostly was, but after days of hardly any sleep and the pestering customers, it almost felt harder than any mission she ever had. If she gained anything from this, it was appreciation for anyone who had do to this every single day for so little pay.

Hera went to back and sat in a tiny wooden chair. "Is it always this busy?" Hera asked the woman who gave her this job.

She laughed and nodded. "Most of time, yes," she replied. She handed Hera a plate of greasy food. "This is for the gentleman at the counter."

Hera stood up and nodded.

The woman checked the time. "I'll have you work one more hour and then I'll let you go. You've been so much help. I appreciate it."

Hera smiled. "You're welcome."

Hera returned to the front and walked behind the counter looking for the gentleman who ordered the meal. She wished it was more specific considering everyone but two were men. She noticed a rodian eyeing the meal. Maybe that was who ordered this.