Chapter 4

Hera and Ezra quietly snuck around from crate to crate, careful not to be seen by any of the employees or Imperials. Hera paused behind one and Ezra did the same following her lead. She glanced around at the crates around them and then pointed at a few of them. "You see those crates over there, Ezra? The ones with the tiny markings on the side?"

Ezra looked in the direction. He spotted the mentioned crates. There weren't more than five, and they were in same area as the other food crates. "Yeah. Are those the ones Fulcrum wants you to steal?"

Hera nodded and then shrugged. "It's kind of stealing, kind of not. Someone here is working with fulcrum. I dont know who, but they're supposed to remove crates from the system. That way the Empire doesn't know they were ever gone. That's the most help we're going to get."

"So, what's your plan?" Ezra asked Hera. 

"Chopper will distract and draw away any employees from the area, and then you and I will go for the crates," Hera replied. 

Ezra thought over the plan. It made sense, but it still seemed like there would be risks. "Do you think a disguise would help?"

Hera furrowed her eyebrows. "It probably would, but where would we get those?"

Ezra thought for a moment and then spoke. "I believe this is the same company that Kanan worked for. I can't remember if he said he worked for the farming division or here in the distribution center."

"Well, either way, we probably don't have enough time to find him," Hera said back. She checked to see how many guards were nearby. There were enough to make this more difficult then it needed to be. "We'll have to go with the original plan." 

Ezra nodded. Hera gave Chopper the signal to go ahead with the plan. Chopper beeped and started to make his way to an open area where everyone would see him. 

Ezra watched Chopper roll away letting out plenty of nosies so everyone would stare at him. "What do you think Chopper will do to cause a distraction?" Ezra questioned. 

"I have no idea, but we'll have to trust him," Hera said. She motioned Ezra to follow as she went to another crate to hide behind.

As Hera and Ezra snuck around, Chopper knocked over a few crates that were perfectly stacked. Some employees came up to him to see what in the galaxy was going on. Now was the perfect opportunity for Hera and Ezra to steal their crates. They carefuly ran to the crates and each pressed a button which activated the crates hovering abilities.

Then someone walked up to them. 

"What are you doing?" the person said.

Hera and Ezra darted their heads up. It was Kanan. Ezra thought that voice was familiar. Both had no words.

Kanan waited patiently for an answer from either of them. He glanced over at the other employees to see if anyone was paying attention. They weren't. "You're stealing from the Empire, aren't you?" There was almost a hint of happiness in his tone of voice.

Hera sighed. "Yes, we are, and if you don't mind, we need to hurry and get out of here!"

Just as Hera was about to dart, a blaster bolt nearly hit them. They all looked in the direction it came from. It came from one of the patrolling stormtroopers. They were caught.

Hera scowled at Kanan. She pulled her own blaster out and nudged Ezra. The two took the crates and began to run. Kanan glanced back and forth. Would he go with them even if they didn't want him around, or stay here and tell the stormtroopers that he caught them in the act? Kanan grabbed his blaster from his holster and ran in the direction Hera and Ezra went.